s e v e n

"It's not getting any better, Jeongguk," Taehyung said almost apologetically when they gazed outside the glass doors, watching the snow pour. "I don't think you'll make it home."

It didn't take long after that for him to convince the younger to stay the night at his apartment.

Jeongguk pulled out his phone and read some of the messages his sister had left him after their fight.

I'm sorry
Gguk. Call me, okay?
Hey you alive??
Mom and I are getting worried about you

To which he responded with

Can you feed meatball tonight
Thanks
You still have my spare keys

He turned to Taehyung, who was on the phone with his supposed roommate.

"No, hyung." He buried his head in his hands, the tips of his ears turning scarlet. "He's just a friend who needs a place to stay— You know I don't do one-night stands!"

Jeongguk grinned at this flustered version of Taehyung, unbeknownst to the older.

"Thanks, Yoongi."

The younger's smile faltered in recognition.

"I'll see you." Taehyung ended the call and looked at Jeongguk sheepishly. "First Christmas adventure: my apartment?"

"How Christmasy is your apartment?" Jeongguk questioned.

"My roommates and I decorated it. Don't worry." Taehyung took the younger's hand again, not missing the way Jeongguk jumped at the touch. "So you wouldn't get lost." He feigned innocence.

"Lies," The younger retorted, letting Taehyung push open the shop door and lead him out into the snow.

Halfway down the block, Jeongguk pulled his hood up and slipped his free hand in his pocket. Then he tugged on Taehyung's hold.

"Our fingers are gonna freeze," He warned.

The older didn't even bat an eyelid in his direction. Instead he stuffed both their hands in his own jacket to keep warm, yanking Jeongguk even closer.

"You're weird," The younger muttered.

"Rule number one of our deal—"

"We have rules?"

Taehyung gave his hand a squeeze. "I'll go anywhere you want to go as long as you hold my hand."

"I'm starting to think you have a thing for my hands." Jeongguk nudged the older with his elbow. "But fine. Since you've ever so kindly offered me shelter, I guess a little hand-holding wouldn't hurt."

They scaled up the stairs and got to his apartment. Taehyung was patting the snow off their clothes and scraping the soles of his boots on the rug when the door flew open.

A hmph escaped Jeongguk's lips when he felt someone throw his arms around him.

"I'm Hoseok," The welcomer gushed, hugging the younger close. "It's nice to meet you."

Another boy stood at the door, seemingly calmer than Hoseok. "Yoongi." He announced simply.

Is this the guy Taehyung supposedly wouldn't shut up about?

"I'm Jeongguk." He shook his hand, performing a shy smile. "I'm sorry for intruding all of a sudden."

"No it's totally fine," Hoseok assured him, "Yoongi and I aren't gonna be home for the night, actually."

"They're going on a road trip without me." Taehyung sulked.

In this weather?

Yoongi snickered, reaching over to pinch his cheek adoringly. "You said you didn't want to come, Taehyungie."