PART 1: Evenings With You

It was late, and Sukara was finishing up in the kitchen before she went to bed. There was only one light on downstairs so the kitchen was dimly lit, she was facing the counter, closing the curtains on the window when the radio started playing. Sukara turned to see Kuvira standing next to it, turning the dial to find a song she liked. Once she decided, she turned to smile at her fiancé.

Kuvira took soft steps across the tiled floor, she reached out and took Sukara's hands in her own.

"Are we not going to bed yet?" Sukara asked, looking up at her with a soft smile.

"Not just yet," Kuvira smiled, lifting Sukara's hands to put them on her shoulders. Letting her own hands fall to rest on Sukara's waist.

With a gentle smile, Kuvira began to sway the two of them to the beat of the music.

"I know you said you can't dance," Kuvira said, taking a step to get them moving a bit more.

"I never said that," Sukara smirked, taking one of Kuvira's hands in her own and moving her other to Kuvira's waist, "I said I don't, not that I can't."

Kuvira laughed slightly as Sukara took the lead, stepping them slowly around the kitchen to the music.

"Mom said there were times for dancing," Sukara said, "when done properly it is graceful, but if you're just prancing around like a drunk baby cat deer you'll look like a fool."

"I don't mean to be disrespectful to my future mother-in-law," Kuvira sighed, "but she had some odd ideas about what was proper."

"My mother was a horrible person," Sukara said, her voice softening to a more serious tone, "she had a lot of rules and ideas, and she hated me. I don't know why because that's always how it was, if it was just after I became empress I would've understood but it wasn't."

"Well then she's the fool," Kuvira said softly, bringing her hands up to hold Sukara's face, "to have someone as precious as you, and not love you with all of your heart. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, you deserve to be cherished."

Sukara could feel the blush across her cheeks spreading to the tips of her ears. Kuvira smiled and leant in to kiss the pink glow.

"I love you more than anything," she told her, "and you can dance like a drunk baby cat deer all you like. Your mother doesn't control you, not anymore."

"I love you too," Sukara smiled, turning her head to kiss Kuvira's hand as the song on the radio changed. The song had been slow before and fit the mood quite nicely, but now it was a faster paced jazz.

The music changed the atmosphere and made them both beam at each other. Kuvira was first to step back and start to dance, making Sukara laugh.

"I thought you said you could dance," Sukara giggled as Kuvira took her hands and started to pull and push to get Sukara to dance as well.

"Hey, if there's music and you're moving, you're dancing," Kuvira smiled, pulling her fiancé closer as they danced around the kitchen together.