Chapter 24

here u go if u want ; ), these are the songs that they are playing the party

(if somebody wanted to make a Spotify playlist for this I would love u xxx I just don't have a public Spotify atm)

Midnight Sky - Miley Cyrus

What You Know Bout Love - Pop Smoke

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado, Timbaland

New Thang - Red Foo

For The Night - Pop Smoke

(when Rocco sees Jax at the party)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a8ARwHeq-g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LnsQaI7J8o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR_b7yUHezw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqHbmUUlpR4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbVKC5WOS4

IF UR STILL HERE, THANK YOU FOR BEING PATIENT WITH ME

-----

ALSO. I HAVE TO ASK. MY STATS SHOW LIKE A PEAK IN READERS ONCE EVERY MONTH. DO Y'ALL READ THIS BOOK ON UR PERIODS (if ur biologically female) ???? I HAVE TO KNOW

--------

ROCCO

Whoever's party it was was in full swing when we arrived. This guy had a big house, and different neon lights were streaming out of every window and bass-boosted music was shaking the ground. This guy was lucky to not have neighbours.

We pushed our way through the double doors, and were immediately engulfed by a wave of drifting bodies, their blurry and ecstatic faces painted glittering like mine, except every colour you could imagine.

I took in glimpses of male shoulders in oversized t-shirts, the neon lit legs and stomachs of the girls, and the lights across the roof flashing vibrant in the darkness.

I feel like I turned to Mal in slow motion. Her face was lit up by the lights, as well as her excitement.

Eyes were turning our way. I felt like their eyes were laser beams in the darkness, cutting through me. The crowd parted for us, girls looking up at me, eyes following as we passed, their hands clutching forgotten red cups.

Mal was shouting something inaudible other the music at me. I turned my face towards her.

"This is why I love walking with you, " She was yelling.

Someone grabbed my arm. It was Rio. He pushed a red cup into my chest. I took it, looking down, then tipped its contents into my mouth.

Rio gave the cup in his other hand to Mal, but she refused. "How do I know it's not spiked? I'll get my own, thanks, " She yelled. Rio paused, then shook his head, saying something inaudible, leaning down into Mal's ear. Her expression changed and her eyes locked onto him, watching as he pulled away and back into the crowd.

Mal glanced up at me, then stood on her toes to yell "I'm going with Rio." I nodded, and she turned and slipped after him.

My cup was empty, so I left it on a table.

In the kitchen were a bunch of Cobras, surrounded in a cloud of cigarette smoke, their cheeks glittering.

One of them passed me another red cup, and stuck his lit cigarette between my lips. I patted him on the back and took a drag, then passed it back to him.