Chapter 8

I prepared myself for any incoming attacks. A guy that is taller than me with a brown hair and bulky body, launch himself towards me and about to swing his arm towards me.

Before the guards could land a punch they're immediately stopped.

"Stand down." I see Caesar slowly recovering and holding his nose while giving his order.

Among the crowds I could sense Riley, he's confused but then he see me standing in the middle of the room. Standing between two bloodied alphas and several guards.

"Amelia what's going on?" He used my disguised name and I saw him walking towards me past the guards.

Then suddenly I feel a hand grab my throat and I'm pushed until my back lower body hit the desk.

"You dare to lie to us and give us your false name?" It was Caesar who grab a hold of my neck. I'm unable to answer as I feel his hands tighten even more on my throat.

Hurt is evident in his eye. How dare he to pretend that he was hurt by my lies. He have lost his right to be hurt the moment he rejected me.

I could feel Riley's killing intent from our bond and it start to leak towards the surface. I know it took all his might to suppress it.

"Please take your hand off her neck alpha. Edith is her middle name but we all usually call her Amelia." Riley grab Caesar's hand, trying to ease the tension by explaining my name.

He took one look at me and I stare him back with all of the hatred I could muster. But at the same time I'm broken inside, moon goddess know that as much as I hate them I can't truly despise them.

We are supposed to be mate, we are supposed to be completing each other. So why did hurting each other are the only things we do.

My heart hurt a lot, my only wish is for moon goddess to take me right away.

But as for now, I need to stay strong, I can't let my mate or that Luna of them know how much this affect me.

I saw Michelle ran towards Claude, checking if he is ok. She proceeds to give me a stare full of hatred,

"Catch that bitch, she have hurt our alpha. She deserved to be tortured to death."

I was to hurt and angry to respond rationally.

"What? You're too scared to catch me personally mutt?"

"What did you say?" Michelle's face is full of disbelief. She is a Luna and not even a single person ever talk back to her.

Even her pack members are giving me nasty looks for disrespecting their Luna and beating up their Alpha.

"Wow, a complete package. Deaf and dumb, could Shadow Ridge's standard for a Luna get any lower than that." I taunt her even more.

"At this stage, anyone could be a Luna." After finishing that sentence I saw Michelle lunge towards me but was held back by Claude.

"You come here as a guest, we welcome you but you repay us by assaulting us and disrespecting my Luna?"

Claude voice filled the room and it's mix with his alpha power. The way he said that Michelle is his Luna hurt me the most.

"You forgot to mention about the part where I lose my wolf." I replied him with equal power.

"You also forgot to mention that your Luna have been degrading me since the moment we met."

I continue taunting them even more,

"Since the three of you are as shameless as you look let me teach you all a lesson. I challenge you Luna Michelle to a duel, I'll show you how low the standard of Luna for this pack."