Chapter 88

"Katlin?! KATLIN?!" Lucia yelled running into the house. (If the situation wasn't so dire Virgil would have laughed at his mom's pregnant belly flinging every which way) There was no telling what happened, did Andrew kidnap her?

The police, unsurprisingly, could out run a pregnant woman, so they found out information quicker.

"The body's here, over" the police said into a walkie talkie.

"Oh my gosh" Lucia said, horrified. There was a white rag stuffed in her mouth, and there was a substance on it. 

"He made her pass out" Lucia whispered.

She looked around, and there was a thick jell-o substance coating the floor.

There was nothing externally wrong with her.

He was messing with them.

No sign of injury except a small bruise that she got when she fell.

She might've gotten some burns too from the scalding hot jello.

The police explained what they had inferred happened. Katlin was making jello, and was whisking the powder with the boiling water in a container in her hands, when Andrew came up and gagged her, making her pass out, while she spilled jello all over herself, causing burns. Her body possibly went into shock from the heat.

"We don't need the hospital, but we do have an ambulance here, and they can assist her with her injuries. There's no need to worry. She will be perfectly fine."

___________________________

"Hello, Patton dear!" Rose smiled, greeting him at the door. "Awe, no Logan this time?" She joked.

"Yeah" Patton chuckled, looking at his phone as he got a notification, "he had to go home."

"Oh my gosh! Remus' mom just got attacked!"

"WHAT?!!?? KATLIN?!?" Rose yelled.

"How do all of you moms just automatically know each other?"

"Well, we have a book club meeting every week, but it's not actually a book club, we just tell our husbands that so they don't assume we're goofing off" Rose said, calling Katlin.

"I heard that!" Jack yelled from the other room.

————————————————————

"Rose, the doctor said she's fine-"

"What if she's not?!? What if it was poisoned jello?!"

"Rose, you sound like my son, calm down! What's the possibility the jello was poisoned?"

"Oh, your son is a wonderful young man! He's so adorable-and also, I guess there's not really a big chance of that happening...but what if it did!"

"Honestly, why does everybody call Virgil a 'precious smol bean' when he tries to act dark and broody and sarcastic?"

"Because deep down he's just a shy smol bean."

"What does smol bean even mean?"

"I don't know, I guess it's some lingo the kids are using now a days? I feel so old" Rose chuckled, "but I guess you're right, Katlin will be just fine I suppose, but i'm still going to come see her. I'll bring my aloe plant!"