• [ 9 ] •

Rose's POV

I start making my way towards the bakery, knowing that I want to say goodbye to the Wilson's before the shop gets jam packed. I see Maria first, she pulls me into a grandmotherly hug ,complementing me on my achievements. Mr.Wilson does the same, telling me how I have already made our village proud. I stay for a good 15 minutes before I have to take my leave and say goodbye to everyone else. Before I can go though, Mr. and Mrs. Wilson rush to the back of the bakery and come out with a a good sized basket.

It contains all of my favorite pastries in bulk: cookies, chocolate bark, fudge, butter croissants, homemade bread, jams and other goodies. At the bottom of the basket lays a fluffy blanket with nice smelling soaps and hygiene products. I gasp and pull them both into a huge hug. For how well prepared the basket is, it seems that the goodies were made this morning, the chocolate and fudge last night. This means they were going to give me the basket regardless if I was chosen or not. I grab the gift basket and make my way to say goodbye, and let me tell you, I feel very appreciated.

I forgot to mention this, but before we left the orphanage for the last time, the twins and Autumn gifted me a pair of silver studs, much like my gold ones just different in material. Luke, who is very interested in minerals and rocks, gave me his favorite crystal. Kyle, who is very interested in dragons, gave me a limited edition book describing every type of dragon known to mankind and their respective powers in detail. Oliver and I didn't exchange gifts because we will attend the Academy together, and Texas and Colt gave me a few of their clothes that I always wore around the house.

When I went to say goodbye to Mr.Romano (seamstress shop owner), he gave me two dresses in similar fashion to the one I wore today. He probably remembered my request for this one and the sketch I drew of it. Miss Valorie and Miss Donna gave me some of their boutique's finest clothes that fit to my style. Even Miss Ama, a close friend of theirs, gave me form fitting shorts (modern day spandex) and a soft, yet aerodynamic t-shirt. I place all of this in my backpack, which is slowly becoming heavier and almost full.

When I went to say goodbye to Miss Iris, Jamie's wife who owns the salon, she gave me a gift basket as well. This one filled to the brim of hair products, shampoos, hair masks, curl enhancing cream, and a few brushes. I cried as I said goodbye to her and made a promise to help her out with kid number three when I return. Mr.Olly and Olsen gave me an 11' x 12' package. They told me to open it when I get to the Academy and to be very fragile with it. I gave them both enormous hugs, thanking them for developing my passion for art. I carry the package placing my two gift baskets on top, trying and my upper body to keep them balanced.

I say goodbye to a few more of my village elders then make my way to the blacksmith shop where I spent all my time during these past summers simply learning the craft of weaponry. London sees me first and yells out to his two brothers. The triplets pull me into a large group hug, and go on and on about the rarity of my powers. Then, we talk about how much fun I will have making more weapons at Stone Heart before I go to leave. As I am about to walk out the shop, Brandon calls out.

"Wait! We almost forgot." He says, slapping his two younger brothers upside the head. He goes into the backroom and comes back out with a chest. He puts it into my arms and gesture for me to open it. I do and look excitedly at what is inside. The chest is full of imperium.

"We figured since you are kinda the only person who can use it, you should just take all of it with you to the Academy." London says. I squeal in excitement and hug the jellies out of the closest person next to me, which happens to be Landon. When I finally depart from the shop, holding even more weight in my arms, I am beginning to come up with new designs for my future imperium made weapons.