four

SEPTEMBER

I looked at the seat and realized I would have to sit squished between the two of them. 

Brandon's hands were gripping the wheel tightly, his knuckles were almost white. I crawled in and sat up straight in the middle seat, trying to leave space between Brandon and I's bodies. But when Amy sat down, she pushed me into Brandon's body so she could fit without feeling smushed. I fell almost on his lap and my hands both fell on his thigh. "Sorry." I quickly let out in a shy voice.

 I was never that shy, but being this close to Brandon made me blush. I was annoyed, and mad, but I was still shy.

I pressed down on his thigh to let myself up and sat squeezed in between the two. My whole body was pressed against Brandon's. Our thighs were touching directly against each other and he moved his leg so that our shins were touching too. I blushed harder when he pulled his right arm to rest by his side while pulling out of the parking lot, he brought it up so it laid behind me on the seat. His body was hot, and I felt tingles wherever we touched. I stared straight out the window the whole car ride. 

I could feel his eyes on me, my cheeks, my body, whenever he looked off the rode. My heart was beating out of my chest and my stomach was filled with butterflies. I stopped breathing and sat completely still when I felt fingers touching a piece of my hair. At first I thought it was an accident, but a second later he ran his hand down the back of my head and rubbed some strands between his fingers, feeling it's softness.

 I inhaled shakily, feeling his hand creep under my hair and rub his knuckles against my neck. His hand was rough and it felt good. It made me feel good. My body pressed against his, with thigh pressing into mine, while his hand rubbed against the back of my neck and played with my hair made me feel hot. I slowly looked at him and his eyes were already on me. His face was mad, but his eyes, they were dark and hiding something. 

Why was he doing this? I thought he hated me. 

He looked away when Amy turned on the radio and starting tapping her feet along to the song, oblivious to what he was doing to me. "Are you alright Blue? Your cheeks are red. It is a little hot in here." Amy pointed out. Right when she spoke, Brandon wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and squeezed lightly, telling me not to say the wrong thing. "I'm fine." I smiled at her. He stroked the side of my neck with his thumb and continued driving.

When we reached my house, he took his hand away like nothing happened. Amy opened the door and stepped out of the car. After I had gotten out, she went back in and started playing on her phone. I looked at Brandon through the window glass, and he was staring at me. My heart sunk realizing he wouldn't get out of the car.

 I knew my face showed my disappointment, and I turned around and reached down under the mat for the key. As I was turning the lock, I heard a car door slam. My heart sped up as I heard heavy footsteps on the sidewalk. My hands shakily tried to pull the key out of the door but it wouldn't budge. Brandon then stood right behind me, his presence looming over me and casting a huge malicious shadow on the door. I jumped as his hands landed on my shoulders and the key finally came out of the door. 

He pushed me inside and closed the door behind him. It was dark inside the house, and he roughly turned me around to face him. He menacingly leaned down and put his face in front of mine. "Are you trying to piss me off?" He asked angrily. "W-What?" I whispered confused. I was scared. I knew Brandon wouldn't hurt me, but what was he doing? "Don't act dumb." He slid his hands from my shoulders downwards and help my upper arms in a tight grip, it didn't hurt, it felt like fireworks on my skin where ever he touched. 

"Brandon I-I don't know what you're talking about-." He got even more mad, I could see it in his eyes. They were as black as the night sky. "Don't fucking lie Blue." He interrupted me. "You stare at me with your little puppy dog eyes and walk around in your little outfits and expect me not to look and have these thoughts about you." He was almost yelling.