40

Chapter 40 pog. Also a super fluffy chapter.

Dream watched as George trudged off to bed, half asleep. He blinked and turned to Eret who was passed out on the chair.

Dream's ears perked as he quietly stood up and hopped off the couch. He could swear he could do something similar to the 'wizards' in the movie. He snuck off outside and wandered out back mindlessly. Suddenly it clicked. He'd done it once before around Patches. He'd been fussing over her when his head started to feel fuzzy.

He looked down at the snow, furrowing his eyebrows. He still didn't quite know what he had done to get himself to look like that.

He tried desperately to remember what he had looked like when he had looked in the mirror. He just remembered being slightly scary. But he couldn't picture his face. He shrank, startling himself out of his thoughts. He was quick to try to run back inside, only to realize he didn't really have legs.

So instead he opted to hop back inside, he couldn't close the door. He was too short. He shrugged it off and hopped into the bathroom. Of course, he was too short to see past the counter. He was hardly the size of Patches.

He quickly tried to find another way to see himself. He was sleepy though. He quietly hopped over to Eret, looking up at his sunglasses. He was surprised to find he was just an odd  blob with a big, innocent, yet slightly horrifying smiley face.

He tilted his head. He was like a giant marshmallow. He quickly hopped onto Eret's chair and tried to reach for Eret's sunglasses. No arms. Right.

He thought for a moment before suddenly coming up with an idea. He focused on the idea of arms and opened his eyes hopefully. Well. They weren't quite what he was hoping, he essentially had nubs, but they were good enough. He reached for Eret's glasses and tilted, making an odd chirping noise as he tilted and fell over, landing with a small " oof. "

He sat right back up and Eret stirred, opening his blinding eyes. " The heck is going on? " He mumbled glancing around the room. He lowered his gaze to Dream, a look of confusion crossing his face and without processing, he tossed Dream off of him with a startled sound. Almost like a half gasp.

Dream tumbled across the floor before sitting up like nothing happened. He watched Eret with beady black, curious eyes. Eret's eyebrows raised.

" What the hell are you? " He yelped, scooting away from the blob that now sat on the floor.

Dream tried to tell Eret it was him, but instead he made another chirping sound. He gave a sigh. No talking for him, he supposed. He hopped around in circles, it was odd to be so low to the ground. He was probably only around 2 feet tall. Probably shorter.

With each jump, he made a light thumping noise. He ran circles around the table and came to a halt, panting. It felt like he just ran a marathon.

George was quick to stumble downstairs with an irritated, but worried look. " I heard a yell. What's going on? " His eyes fell on Dream who looked up at him, raising a nub arm to wave at him in greeting. George's eyes widened.

" I uh- what is- What is that?" Dream frowned. He felt so warm in this form, he really didn't want to change back yet. He instead hopped up to George who backed up quickly in response. Patches stuck her head out from her spot next to the stairs and she glared at the blob.

He turned his head to her and hopped over to her, glancing back at the room before chirruping to her.

Her annoyed eyes softened and she purred, casually laying on top of Dream, who wheezed and squirmed beneath her. " Off! " He squeaked. " Off! Patches! "

Patches looked down at him, he could swear she was laughing at him. He glared up at her while George and Eret watched in interest.

" Dream. " He squeaked, hoping that would convey his message, finally managing to slip away from Patches and he was quick to hop up to George, who seemed less frightened now, he instead bent down and lifted Dream in his hands.

" You're Dream? " He asked curiously. The blob nodded. " You didn't tell me you could shapeshift. " George huffed.

Dream shrugged. George ran a hand over Dream's head and Dream purred.

" Awww... You're kinda adorable. " George cooed, holding Dream up to his face.

George set him back down, Eret had retreated back to his chair to sleep.

" Can you change back? I'm tired and the bed is cold. " George asked in a whiny tone.

Dream nodded, amused.

" I didn't need to know that. " Eret hollered from the living room. George rolled his eyes and looked away.

Dream turned back while he was looking away and grinned, he didn't have his mask on, but it wasn't like George was bothered by it anyways.

George turned back to him and jumped in surprise. " Oh- hello. " He snagged Dream's hand and dragged him back up to their room. Dream's ears twitched as he sat down beside George, who quickly curled up in his blanket.

Dream shook his head and smiled softly, laying down beside him with a final glance out the window.

He shut his eyes and gave a small sigh, drifting to sleep. 

well. You guys really wanted a blob Dream. so here he is. 

I might add a doodle of him later today.  Edit: I did it. I posted a pic of Dream being attacked by Patches. Also the old drawing of Patches  I had to use for a reference was just *shivers* 

d i s g u s t i n g. 

Anyways, I don't know if I'll be able to post tomorrow, depends on how well my internet/electricity can survive a potential tornado. 

Anyhow, I hope you guys are staying safe!

Love y'all!

Moony <3