𝐀𝐭 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟏)

Pairings: Technoblade x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/Them

——————————

This was really exciting. Wilbur had finally taken back his country and took his spot as president back from that evil dictator. To celebrate this rebellion and the successful attempt to overthrow the previous government of their great nation, they hosted a celebration.But this was different. This celebration felt a lot more freeing than any other party that they had hosted in that past. Maybe it was because this party came with the feeling of victory and it was final that they knew that everybody was on their side. It was a celebration for them.

As a citizen of L'manburg, before it was overtaken by Schlatt's rule, (Y/n) was invited to this gathering with the rest of the soldiers that fought for their land back. They may not have had a role in the revolution because they moved out to the Dream SMP after the election, but (Y/n) had enough connections to the soldiers to win them an invitation.

They were really close friends with Tubbo and Tommy and they'd frequently visit them in Pogtopia and hear about all the stories that they had to tell about the war. Admittedly, (Y/n) hadn't a clue what they were talking about half of the time - But it was fun to listen to. There were so many names mentioned in their stories that it was hard to keep up. They hoped that this gathering would allow them to meet the people that they had mentioned.

"(Y/n), I'm so glad you made it!" Nihachu greeted warmly, opening her arms for a hug once she saw (Y/n) donning their L'Manburg-inspired outfit to the party. Niki was wearing something similar, but she sported her dark-blue coat that she was given during the time of the war.

"Thank you!" (Y/n) smiled back. "Tubbo personally sent me an invitation, it would be rude to decline." They responded in a chirpy tone.

"Wow, personally? He must have really wanted you here." She teased.

"Well, considering that we are really good friends, I'd be offended if he didn't want me here." (Y/n)'s lip steadily tilted into a smirk as they lifted one of their shoulders to shurg through a smile.

"Well, it's nice that you showed up! I think the others are waiting for you in the main hall!" Niki giggled, waving her hand over towards the entrance as she placed a palm on (Y/n)'s back to lead them to where the others were waiting.

When (Y/n) arrived at the main hall, they were immediately greeted with a room shrouded with L'Manburg pride. There were banners, confetti and even little cupcakes that had the flags iced onto it. It looked extremely patriotic. Like a canon filled with bunting, balloons and glitter had just set off right in the centre of the hall. It was next to impossible to mistake it for any other celebration as references to their country were spotted everywhere.

"(Y/n)!" Tubbo, quite literally, immediately dropped the plate of food he was eating when he spotted his best friend. And, being the kind soul that he was, he ran over to (Y/n) to engulf them in an excited hug. "You're here!"

"Of course! I'd never miss this." They chuckled, looking around the area.

"Come with me, I have so much to show you!" He took their hand and began pulling them further into the hall, allowing the two of them to get absolutely lost in the excitement of the atmosphere.

About an hour had passed and (Y/n), Tommy and Tubbo were excitedly messing around by the food table. They were all eating, chatting and just vibing to the pigstep that was playing in the background of the room. (Y/n) had gathered their own plate of snacks and had sat it atop the table cloth so that they could lean against the table whilst picking their favourite snacks off the trays. The buzz of Tommy and Tubbo's laughter kept ringing in their ears as they talked their way through the conversation, the ease setting them in the position they were in now.