Chapter 1 -Dementors say Hello-

"Oi Delilah hurry up!" Draco yelled as I struggled to carry my luggage down the stairs. Much to my dismay, the Malfoy manor happened to be quite large and my beanpole legs were not in the best condition. For as long as I can remember I had lived with the Malfoys, they had taken me in when I was a child and raised me as their own. I had no clue who my real parents were and no matter how much I asked, Narcissa and Lucius never told me. So, I just accepted the fact that I was an orphan and decided that the Malfoys were my true family.

"Patience is a virtue Blondie." I remarked while attempting to drag the rest of my belongings out the door.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." He stood with his arms crossed and had playful pout on his face.

"Oh Blondie don't kid yourself, I know you love it." I ruffle his hair as he attempts to push my hands away. Draco was basically my little brother and no one could deny that we fit the sibling stereotype. Our bond may primarily consist of snide remarks and annoying nicknames but deep down we were family and Godrick help anyone who tried to come between us.

We were currently leaving for Platform 9 3/4 and I could barely contain my excitement. Don't get me wrong, I love the manor but after a while it can get quite boring. Hogwarts has always been my second home and I was about to start my fifth year. Draco is two years below me so I don't get to see him as much but at least we're in the same house.

That's right , I am a vicious,evil Slytherin that eats kids in my free time according to the Gryffindors. Despite these rumors, most Slytherins are actually quite nice when you get to know them.Our house is always negatively stereotyped which is the one thing I hate about Hogwarts. I get continuous glares and scared looks from students in the other houses once they catch a glimpse of my green attire. They act as if I'm going to try and preform an unforgivable curse on them in the halls.

The only house that doesn't entirely treat me like some vile beast are the Hufflepuffs. Either way, I have learned it is best to only associate with my fellow Slytherins. It just makes my blood boil that the people are so quick to label me as evil before getting to know me. Oh and don't even get me started on Fred Weasley hes the worst of them all. Constantly calling me a snake and pranking innocent Slytherins, what I would give to preform an unforgivable curse on him.

"Hey dumbass stop daydreaming about ways to torture the Gryffindors , we're about to leave" Draco snaps his fingers in my face and I quickly stop glowering at the ground thinking about the stupid weasel. Narcissa appears and laces her hand with mine as we get ready to apparate. I take one last look around the manor making sure I didn't forget anything. The feeling of being pulled in a million different ways washes over me and when I look back up I see the Hogwarts Express in all of its glory.

I am given a quick peck on the cheek from Narcissa as she pulls me into a tight hug with a warm smile on her face. Lucius turns to me and grabs me by the arm leading me slightly away from Draco and Narcissa. I look at him quizzically as he places both hands on my shoulder giving me a serious gaze.

"Delilah, I need you to promise me to look after Draco this year. I know you've read the papers and how Sirius Black has escaped. Although it's unlikely he will come to Hogwarts you still need to be on your guard.I expect nothing but the utmost vigilance on your part as Draco's older sister."

"Of course Lucius, I shall vanquish anyone intending to harm Draco with my mighty sword and loyal army." I reply rolling my eyes and start to turn away. He catches me by the wrist and holds a firm grip and I unwillingly turn back to face him.

"I am serious Delilah, although we are favored by the Dark Lord this man has just spent many years in Azkaban and is nothing short from deranged. He will go after anyone that stands in his way including you and Draco. "

"All right , I promise "He gives me a quick nod and I rejoin Draco to board the train. We make our way to the Slytherin compartments and see Blaise and Pansy gesturing Draco to join them.

"Go ahead, I don't need to be seen hanging around a bunch of children anyways." I chuckle and mockingly turn my nose up in disgust. He playfully shoves my shoulder and makes his way over to his fellow third year companions. My eyes dart around and I eventually plop myself down in an empty compartment . I check my surroundings to make sure no ones watching as I put in my earbuds and start playing my favorite music,muggle music.

Yeah I bet the idea of me listening to anything muggle would make any other house have a heart attack. What can I say, I am a lover of all things rock n' roll and could listen to the rolling stones on repeat. The sound of guitar and Mick Jagger's voice slowly puts me into a trance as I look out the window.

It only felt like a couple hours when suddenly the train came to halt and the lights went out. I pulled my dark green robe tightly around me as the windows frosted over and my breath became visible.The train was freezing and eerily quiet with the exception of muffled whispers. I got up and slowly made my way into the hallway trying to navigate myself in the pitch black.

When I squinted I could see a black figure in the distance that made my breath hitch. I quickly threw myself into the nearest compartment and backed up towards the window. Not only until I looked around me did I see the three Gryffindors looking at me distastefully. Lee Jordan, George Weasley, and fucking Fred Weasley all were staring at me with a hint of mischief in their eyes.

"Awww is the little snake scared of the dark" The ginger teased.

"You wish Frederick, it just so happens that there are bloody dementors at the end of the hallway." I snap and sink myself back towards the corner, my hands tightly squeezing around my wand. The three boys widen their eyes and pull out their wands in hopes of protecting themselves. Lee and George share a nervous look while Fred remains staring at me with the corner of his mouth slightly upturned.

"Well Rees I don't know why you're holding your wand out, it's not like you can use it at all. Unless you were planning on trying to harm innocent children."

"Oh actually I was planning on using it to stupefy you so that I could use you as human shield against the dementor. I reckon the dementor would have one look at your ginger ass and float away in disgust." I say with a sinister smile.

" As if you would need to use me as a shield,the dementor wouldn't do you any harm considering the fact you have no soul."

"Hey will you two shut it I don't feel like having  the dementors kiss preformed on me at the moment" Lee huffs. Fred and I share one last glare and turn our attentions back to the door. It felt like eons until finally the lights flickered back on and the train became warm.I regained my composure and walked out the door not bothering to look at the Gryffindors on my way out.

The rest of the train ride is uneventful as I listen to my music and quietly sing the lyrics. My finger tips trace over the window that still had a slight bit of frost remaining and a shiver went down my spine.I couldn't help but feel that the words Lucius had spoke to me were a warning now as I thought back to the hooded figure in the hallway.One thing was quite clear though, I needed to keep a look out this year not only for Draco but for myself.