249

I don't know how long it took for me to fully gain consciousness again but once I did, I pulled my trousers back on and forced myself to my feet. The bathroom was a mess. The mirror on the wall was shattered with blood smeared on it. Broken glass was scattered across the floor and where I had landed after he smashed my head into the mirror, there was a large pool of blood and from that pool, was a trail of even more blood from when he dragged me across the floor. Then where he cut into my arm, was even more blood. I looked down at myself. A piece of glass was sticking out from my stomach and another one from my thigh.

I winced at the pain when I pulled first the one in my stomach out and then the one in my thigh. My trousers were ruined. There was a hole where the glass had gone through. I looked up at the remaining pieces in the mirror. My face was ruined. He had beat me so much that I was bleeding from both my nose, my mouth, my lip, my eyebrows. Blood was smeared everywhere in my face. A trail of blood had gone from my nose to my ear, another trail went from my eyebrow and all the way down over my cheekbone, cheek and down to my neck.

I couldn't do this anymore. I just couldn't. I needed to get away but he was never going to leave me alone. He was going to end up killing me. My head was pounding and so was my lips and my eyebrow.

Everything hurt. I was in so much pain. From being beat, from being raped. So much pain and it wasn't all physical. Some of it was emotional. A lot of it was emotional. Why did I let him do this to me?

I made my way to the door that led into the living room in his bedroom. When I approached the bed. He was sleeping. His hair was gone. It was spread across the floor and on his desk was an electric shaver. He had shaved his head.

I stumbled towards my bag and went through it until I found the phone my dad had given me. I was going to need it. I had to get away from here after I had done what I needed to do. I searched for my wand. I knew I left it in my bag somewhere so it had to be there.

Then I found it and I quickly grabbed it before looking at Luke. He was on his back. His hand was on his bare chest and he was sleeping heavily. I started approaching the bed slowly, making sure not to wake him. I grasped the wand tightly. If he woke up while seeing me like this with my wand, he would kill me. I didn't doubt it.

Then he did exactly what I had been scared of. When I stood by the edge of the bed, he suddenly woke up with a jolt. He looked at me with confusion, then looked at the wand in my hand. He quickly sat up, eyes on my face again.

"What are you doing?" he asked. I took a deep breath and worked through the terrified feeling I felt about him waking up to find me with my wand so close to him. I pointed it at him and he stared at it for a moment before he started smiling a wicked smile. He moved up onto his knees, moving closer until the wand pressed to his chest. "What did you have in mind, baby? Gonna kill me? Or just hurt me?"

"You're a pig." I said, staring right at his eyes. I needed to be brave. This was the time for bravery. I was in Gryffindor. I was brave. I was brave just like my parents and I needed to be brave for them so they didn't lose a daughter.

"A pig?" he laughed. "Is that the best you can come up with? Go on, I can see you've got something on your mind. Why don't you come straight out and say it?"

"There is no words to explain just how horrible you are." I said. "You broke me, Lucas."

"Lucas?" he asked and I noticed he was about to grab onto me when I pressed the wand harder into his chest. "You little–"

"Be fucking quiet!" I yelled. "It's my time to talk. For months you have manipulated me into believing you loved me. Into believing I loved you. You made me break my friendship to a guy I grew up with. You made me so insecure about myself. I dropped my music, you made me stop eating, you made me throw up because you wanted me to be perfect. It was like having you sit on my shoulders all the time, telling me what to do, who to hang out with. I am fucking tired, Lucas. You raped me.. more than once."