Chapter Fourteen - Late Night Dorm Talks

We walked back to the dorms in silence, the only noise between us being the sound of our shoes hitting the floor.

I looked down to see George's hand swinging limply as we walked. I had a strange urge to grab it so we could walk hand in hand back to the dorms, but I decided not to.

I looked over to see his ginger locks falling into his face. He made no action to move his messy hair.

I smiled, but quickly removed it from my face.

It's not like that.

Is it?

I slipped inside the common room, saying good night to George as I did. I feared that if I lingered around him any longer, the feelings I had for him would slip out of my mouth.

My hands flew to my face as the door to the common room closed. I could feel a strong heat in my face. I was blushing.

I hadn't wanted to admit it to myself since I hadn't been sure, but tonight had confirmed it.

I had a crush on George Weasley.

I made my way to my dorm room, smiling the whole way. Upon opening the door, the girls swarmed me with questions.

"Where were you?"

"We saw you with Weasley. Which one was it?"

"What's going on?"

"Do you like him?"

I broke through their little circle and made my way to my bed. I sat down, still beaming. "Calm down! One at a time!" I said.

"We're just curious!" Hannah said, sitting down beside me.

"I mean, you disappear with one of the twins and come back grinning like the Cheshire Cat! We're gonna have questions." Emmie said, sitting on my other side.

Tonks and Susan sat on my bed as well, crowding it. It was made for one girl, not five.

I was silent for a moment, still grinning. They all stared at me in anticipation. I withheld from talking until I couldn't contain my happiness any longer. "Where do I begin?" I said, and the girls all giggled.

"The beginning of course!" Susan said between giggles.

"Well after dinner, George said he wanted to show me something. I thought it was a prank or something so I agreed. We held hands as we snuck through the castle." This earned an 'awww' from the girls. "And then he led me up the stairs to the astronomy tower and the stars, the stars! Oh, it was just gorgeous. And he kept looking at me. In fact, I don't think he took his eyes off me."

"Guess the stars weren't the only thing that were gorgeous." Tonks quipped.

"That's so romantic Y/N." Susan said, the most daydreamy look on her face.

"Oh! What did I tell you? I just knew, I knew, she was gonna fall for one of them! I mean, have you seen them? They've got it all! Personality and looks!" Hannah gushed.

"Oh hush. It's not like that." I said, lying.

"Isn't like that?! Your face might freeze if you keep smiling!" Emmie said, nudging me with her elbow.

"It is definitely like that." Hannah said.

"Ok! So I may, or may not, have a crush. Big deal! Surely you don't think he feels the same way." I said, trying my best to be realistic.

"From the way those boys look at you, I would say you've got a firm chance." Susan said.

"Oh come on! They basically see me as another sister." I said, still trying to deny anything between George and I.

"Maybe Fred does, but I don't know of any sibling who stares as much as George does." Tonks explained.

"Stares? What do you mean stares?" I questioned.

"You've never noticed?" Emmie asked. I shook my head. The girls mouths gaped open and they began to giggle once more.

"What?" I said, giggling nervously.

"He stares at you all the time at breakfast." Hannah said.

My cheeks became warm and the smile on my face grew bigger than it already was. The girls began to giggle at my embarrassment.

"Alright! Enough about me! What about Emmie, huh? What about that whole thing she's got with Fred?" I said, trying to redirect the attention in the room.

'Ooos' erupted from the girls and a blush spread across Emmie's face. She got up from my bed and walked over to her own quickly.

"Oh, look at the time. Better start getting ready for bed!" She said, as she quickly dove under her covers.

"Emmie! Tell us all about Fred!" Hannah exclaimed.

The girls followed Emmie, grinning. Now that they were bombarding Emmie, I took the opportunity to change into my pajamas.

Eventually, everyone had become too tired to stay up any longer. We all retired to our own individual beds.

While most of the girls fell asleep quite quickly, my brain ran through interactions I'd had with George.

Surely, he only sees me as a little sister. A friend. A pranking buddy. Nothing more.

Nothing more.