Chapter Twenty-Nine

It had been a few days since the ball and school had started up again. What Annabella would give to burn all of the schools in the world. Whoever invented homework was going to pay up when she went to hell because there is no way someone who created something that vile would be allowed in heaven. School has been uneventful so far though.

Today there was a new gym program for girls only in the school. Annabella had decided that she was going to go to it. There was no way that she could have ever done something like it before with her kidnappers at the house. They would have killed her. Annabella had just found out about it, so she needed to call Alessio to get him to bring her some gym clothes.

Outgoing call to 'Alessio'

"Hello?" Alessio asked once he picked up, confused on why his sister was calling in the middle of a school day.

"Hey, I need you to do something for me." Annabella told him, getting straight to the point.

"Yeah, what is pumpkin?" Alessio said, now worried about what his sister wanted him to do for her.

"Can you bring some workout clothes from my closet? There is this new gym program for girls only and I wanted to try it out. My workout clothes are on the right side of my closet. I need a shirt, pants and a pair of tennis shoes. Can you do that?" Annabella questioned, hoping that he would do the task for her.

"Yeah, of course pumpkin. Any certain shirt or color you want? I'm also going to bring you some water and a snack." He told her, relieved tha she wasn't in trouble or danger.

"No, anything is fine, but you try to find my black spandex shorts? Also I need socks!"

"Okay. See you later. Also, behave today." Alessio said, before ending the call.

Call to 'Alessio' Ended

Annabella got off the phone just in time for the bell to ring signaling lunch had arrived. She looked at herself in the mirror to make sure that she looked decent. She was wearing a black crop top, jeans, a blue and black flannel, and some black combat boots.

Finally deciding that she looked presentable enough, Annabella walked out of the bathroom and headed to the cafeteria. She wondered what they were having for lunch today. She hoped for a chicken sandwich and some fries. They actually had good food at this school, which is a major improvement from all of the other schools she had ever been to. She dwore, they had gotten the same food as the local prisons.

When she stepped into the cafe, the whole room went silent. People still could not get over how she was the De Luca's long lost sister. It had earned her some enemies from the girls in the school. Annabella walked up to the lunch line and saw that they were serving hotdogs and tater tots. Don't get her wrong, that was some decent food, but she did not like them one bit. She sighed and grabbed a flavored water and went to pay. As she went to hand them her money, someone grabbed her wrist to stop her and paid for her. Annabella was about to punch the person, but she had seen who it was right before she swung.

"Giovanni? What are you doing here? Is Pietro going to this school too?" She questioned him excitedly. He chuckled at her excitement and ruffled her hair, to which she smacked his hand away.

"Yeah, we just started today and I just saw you up here about to pay so I decided to be a gentleman and pay for you." He said. Once Annabella had realized what he said, she got a little bit angry.

"So you're saying I can't pay for my own water? I can and was going before you stepped up. I don't need you to pay for me." Annabella said harshly, as they were walking to the table she and Isabella always sat at. He looked so confused, and offended.

"What? I never said you couldn't pay for your own water, but I thought it would be a nice thing to do." he told her once they had reached the table. Annabella rolled her eyes and saw that Pietro was already at the table, and said hello to him. Maybe she would like having them at school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabella just called Alessio asking him to bring her some clothes so she could try the new hym program the school had. As he was walking up to her room to get her clothes, he let his mind wander and started thinking about what his little sister did for fun.

When he finally reached her room, he headed straight for her closet remembering what she had said about her clothes. Once he grabbed all of her clothes, he started on the mission of finding her tennis shoes. She said it didn't matter what shirt she got so he had grabbed a baby blue one.

Alessio did a once over of her closet and did not see them anywhere, so he had decided to walk to the front and start there. Probably not the smartest idea, but it's whatever. By the time he reached the back, he still hadn't found her shoes. He did find her some baby blue socks to match her shirt though.

As he was about to give up, Alessio saw a box in the very back corner. 'Hmm I wonder what is in there?' He had thought to himself. He opened it and there lay her shoes. When he went to grab them, he noticed something else in the box. He pulled it out and it was the mask the Shadow had worn at the ball. That couldn't be right. He took a picture of it and put it back. Alessio wouldn't tell anyone just yet because he still didn't believe it, and he was going to try to catch her in the act if she truly is the Shadow.

'Watch your back Annabella, cause I'm onto you.' He thought to himself before leaving her room.