Chapter 15

Inside the palace of New Beijing, Kai was inside hosting the ball. He was greeting the World Leaders one by one until he reached President  Vargas of Africa. Kai shook his hand and murmured, "Is it true-?" he added, "true about Farafrah." President Vargas nodded in reply.

"The Queen and her friends went to Farafrah to sort this all out, and they haven't arrived." Kai was anxious. It had been over 8 hours since they left and not a single comn from the yet. His body shivered with fear and his thoughts drifted towards the negative side, What if something happened to them or they aren't able to stop the rebels? Ugh, Kai ran a hand through his hair in frustration. It was just a nervous habit of his.

"Ahh, is that so?" so the President had no idea about their little mission."Don't worry, it's a minor situation and its nothing that they can't face." he gave Kai a weak smile who just grinned in return. The president carried on and started talking to another.

Torin walked up to Kai, "Is everything ok, your majesty?"

"No!" Kai sighed. "Nothing is okay, it has been hours, I don't know what to do."

"Ahh!" Torin was concerned, "As you royal advisor it is my duty, your majesty, to-" Torin was interrupted before he could launch into giving advice to the Emperor.

"Your majesty," it was Jacin. "The spaceships have arrived at the landing, your presence to greet them is required," and they left the ball.

~~~

Both of the spaceships, the Rampion and the Royal ship had landed in New Bejieng. One by one they got off from the ship. Cinder stretched her limbs and sighed into a yawn, "Finally here."

"Task one of Tonight's list has been completed!" exclaimed Winter. The journey was quite long and all the action at Farafrah had made everyone exhausted. Even worse, after this chaotic day this still had a Ball to attend.

"Where's Kiko?" asked Thorne.

"Who's Kiko?" Cress asked Thorne. Strange name, it seemed.

"Iko and Kinney makes Kiko!" Thorne chuckled. "Get it?" almost everyone rolled their eyes at his sense of humor. Even during such times, he had the nerve to make jokes.

"We're here!" exclaimed Iko, revealing their presence.

"Common lets go," Iko tugged on Cinder's dragging her into the palace. Everyone was coming inside. They had only walked a few steps until Cinder stopped Iko. "Hey, we need to talk!"

"What?"

"Remember that earlier I had promised you a date to the Ball. But because of the unfortunate circumstances, I completely forgot to talk to Kai. And-" she stammered, looking down. "I wasn't able to arrange your date." Cinder was embarrassed.

"Is that all!" Iko smirked. "Don't worry, I already have a date!" She murmured, "Kiko forever." Cinder let out a gasp. So it looks like Thorne was correct. Fortunately, Kiko is an official thing.

Kai and Jacin ran into the Rampion crew. "Stars above. You all are finally here! I have been worrying for so long."

"Yeah, we kicked them out of Farafrah!" Scarlet boasted.

"How? What happened?"Jacin puzzled them with questions.

Wolf proposed, "Maybe later?"

"Of course!" he agreed.

Cinder stared at Kai. He was wearing a navy blue vest and a white button-up shirt. His hair was quite messy, strands unorganized. However, regardless of the messy hair, he looked quite handsome in full formal spirit. That was when Cinder realized what she was wearing. Everyone was probably so nicely dressed today, while those who went to Farafrah were drenched. They all were mainly wearing Cargo pants, nowhere close to proper formal attire. There wasn't enough time to change, although. The ball would end in less than 2 hours and if they went to change, there wouldn't even be time for the friends to enjoy.

"Guys!" Cinder was nervous. "So we will go to the Ball looking like this!" she pointed to them.

"Aces! We look like a group of wild animals. There is no way we can go looking like this mess!"

"Well, sorry to inform you," Jacin stepped in. "But the ball will end is less than two hour. So if you want to go, I would recommend forgetting about your clothing and go barge in."

"Ugh!" Iko murmured, "My first Ball a disaster."

Cinder nudged Iko in the elbows, "My first ball was also a disaster so this one might as well be the same." Iko returned a weak smile. And they walked in, not wasting another second. Looks like they can finally get some precious time and enjoy this night.

Thank you guys so much for the 100+ votes. Hopefully, you like the chapter! :)

~book_x_nerd