Chapter Sixteen

After violently throwing up, you searched the tower for Bucky. He wasn't in his room, or the gym or the kitchen which was where he could usually be found. You started to panic that he'd left the tower, and you had no idea where he was. "Steve," you said, going into the living room, "I can't find Bucky,"

"What?" he said, getting up, the smell of his coffee making you feel sick, as you stumbled backwards. You had no idea what was up, and now was not the time to try and work out what was wrong. It also wasn't the time to throw up again. You'd already wasted too much time and you were starting to freak out. Bucky spent a lot of time around you and Steve so if he wasn't with you or him. He had gone somewhere. And you had no idea where. 

"I don't know, he got mad," you said, "It's my fault, but I've been looking all over for him," you excluded the part where you threw up. "He's been gone like an hour maybe more, I just, need to find him and talk to him, it's really important," Steve raised his eyebrows at you, "Not the time Steve," 

"Where did he go?" said Steve.

"I don't know that's why I'm telling you," you snapped, before starting to cry, "Sorry," all these emotions waved over you, and you had no idea how to control them. Trying to stop yourself from crying, you thought about places Bucky could be. You just had to find him, make sure that he was okay. Why did you tell him about the nightmare? That was so stupid. 

"We'll find him Y/n," said Steve, he stepped towards you as if to hug you but the scent of the coffee he was holding overwhelmed you, making your stomach flip. You raced out the room to be sick again. 

-----------------

"You okay?" said Wanda, opening your door. Your dad, Nat and Clint were all on a mission. And it would usually would be Nat who was comforting you.

"Not really," you said, "I'm a mess," you gestured to your room, which was usually the neatest room in the tower but now it just looked like no one had bothered cleaning it in years. You felt sick, your head was pounding and you couldn't eat anything. And to top it all off, you had lost Bucky as well.

"The guys are still out looking for him," said Wanda, sitting on the edge of the bed, "They'll find him, he's probably just clearing his head or something," you tried to just breathe, but you couldn't stop thinking about where he was. And how it was all your fault that he had left. 

You didn't know what else you were supposed to say. Would Bucky ever be able to look at you the same way? You cursed yourself for telling him about the nightmare. You just hated lying to Bucky, he was the only person you felt wouldn't judge you for being yourself. And now it had caused Bucky to leave and you couldn't find him. Wanda left for a mission debriefing from Tony on the mission that they were on currently. Apparently harder than they thought. Leaving you alone, again. 

Waiting for Bucky to return you sat silently on the edge of the bed. Anxious that he wouldn't come back to you. And with every minute that passed by you got more and more nervous that he wasn't coming back. When you finally heard footsteps on the corridor, your heart jumped in excitement.

"Hey Doll," said Bucky, opening the door. You ran over to him and threw your arms around him. You buried your head in his shoulder so he wouldn't know you were crying, "I'm sorry," he said, "I just, I hated myself for being the reason that you were hurting," he held you closer to him and buried his face in your hair. He held you tighter as you cried into his shirt, thankful that he was back.

"Don't leave me," you said, "Okay ever,"

"I promise," he said, "Are you okay now?" he asked, as he sat next to you on the bed.

"I don't know," you said, "I can't remember a time I felt ill like this," you brushed some of the hair out of his face and kissed him softly.

"I'm kind of new at this whole being ill thing," he said, "Honestly I'm kind of crap at the whole being a boyfriend thing," even though you were dating Bucky, him being your boyfriend still filled your stomach with butterflies. You remembered back to Halloween, when you thought you'd never be able to be with him again, and looked over to where he was watching you intently.

"Are you okay now?" he said, playing with your hair. He wrapped his right arm around you and held you close to him as he waited for your response, "Do you need me to do anything? Do you want anything? Am I doing this right?" you chuckled softly. This dork was yours. 

"I don't know," you said, maybe you were in denial about what was going on here. You thought you'd known for a few days but you didn't want to admit the fact that you might be pregnant. Because that would throw your whole world around. Including Bucky's. And honestly you didn't really think you'd make a great parent either. You didn't even know if you could raise a child around the avengers. A child in the avengers tower? You couldn't watch Bucky go on missions when he might leave you with a child. 

You tried to calm your nerves. You might actually not be pregnant. You could just be ill.