14.

Madison

This morning I woke up in Vito's master room. I was no longer downstairs where I gave birth. My baby is finally here and their's no way I can express how happy I am. My father decided to stay last night in the extra room so we can talk later on. Him and Victor are apparently best friends and cannot stop talking to one another. Vito had his cook make breakfast and bring me. I tried calling him on my phone only for him to send it to voicemail.

I put my tray to the side and looked over into the cot to watch our baby. We still haven't found a name yet and this is the hardest thing. Imagine giving your baby a name you don't like but will be calling it for the rest of your life. His whole face is Vito's making me beam. I fed him an hour ago and he just seems so relaxed. His baby smell is outstanding and I just really love him. I grab my phone from off the nightstand and begin taking pictures of him.

"Mommy loves you so much toot" " that's your nickname toot" I whisper

The room door opens and Vito enters the room.

"Hey I tried calling you earlier." I say looking down at the pictures I just took of him

"Yea I know" he mutters

"You want to go outside and speak?" I asks looking up at him

"I don't know how to say this. Because every time you get emotional you want to threaten to take my kid away." He says opening up the closet

"I'm sorry about that. It was the pregnancy talking."

It really was my anger talking. I'm not that bold to just take Victor's child away from him.

"And you believed me? You're the high power man of this city and you're scared of little ole me threats?" I asks chuckling

"Madison it's really not funny. I take that to heart. Kids ain't no joke and I don't play about mines." He says

"I'm sorry V, I really am."

I watch as he bites his lip before shaking his head.

"Did you find a place yet to move, I'll pay your year rent."

"I-I have a life in New York V I just can't give it up." I whine

On two occasions already we talked about this. How fair is it that I give up my life in New York to move back here in Detroit.

"Well you're a mother now. Some things you have to give up." He says nonchalant

"When I met you months ago you weren't even like this, what happened?"

"You are what happened to me. Madison it's you,someone so innocent can be so toxic and just ruin your life." He says

"I ruined your life?" I asks biting the inside of my cheek

"I changed for you. I'm slipping all because of you. I have people calling me by my name, I'm trying to do things to make people like me,and last night I spared nigga life." He says

Thank God our baby is in the room because if he wasn't we'd be down each other's throat.

"That's why you almost missed the birth of your son?" I asks now looking him in the eyes

"Madison you told that nigga what I do. You described me as somebody who's a bad person. I may kill but I kill what's a threat. Since I met you I ain't shed anybody blood yet. A whole year and I didn't get to kill one single person. You wanna know why? Cause I respected you enough not to come home with any blood on me. We weren't even living together but I still ain't do it. I lost who I really am just to please you. And for what? You don't care about me, you don't even care about my feelings. You wanna tell that man how ruthless I am.The one girl I put my trust in can't even look at me without thinking I'll kill her in a second if I wanted to. I love you but this will never work. I love my son, the most precious thing you ever brought in my life but he can never and will never see his mother and father together."