chapter 32

Chashman headed inside without waiting for him, she had just entered the door, when she saw the maid coming from the side almost running. Something just on that side caught Chashman's eyes. She went towards it, the maid looked at her with wide eyes." Assalamu Alaikum mam" she said, but Chashman was frozen on her place, she couldn't believe what she was seeing let alone answer the greeting .

Just then, Miraan came there, he told the maid to go away with a flick of his hand. 

" What have I done so wrong to deserve this behavior? "Miraan asked through gritted teeth. They hadn't confirmed any relation, but whatever was budding between them had him twisted in knots. Her behavior was affecting him like nothing else. 

"You ask me this ?!!!!! You crazy, insolent ox!!! " she all but hissed. Shock took over his face, but then Chashman faced him " you see this !!" she said pointing towards the bar," girls and Allah knows what else!!! I dont want anything to do with such a man! I don't even want to see your face " 

Miraan was looking in her red rimmed eyes, she had really lost her control." I haven't drank or been with a girl since you came. and neither am I planning to. " Miraan said silently, not believing that he was explaining himself.

"But you used to !!" Chashman said as tears filled her eyes, she didn't know why all this mattered so much to her. It was his life, he could do whatever he wanted. 

" Are you going to hold it against me? This is my life style, this is what I am used to" Miraan said in a low voice as he moved closer to her , he lifted her chin making her eyes meet his dark ones. She saw many emotions in his eyes , many readable, many unreadable ones. 

" I will never do it again, just stop being like this " Miraan said on a whisper, he was showing her vulnerability, he was letting her see inside him. He didn't know the reason, but he knew that anything was going to be more tolerable than her coldness. 

" Promise ?" Chashman asked as a tear fell. She was feeling the emotions, the vulnerability in his eyes, she didnt feel that strong in that moment. 

" I Promise! " Miraan said as he wiped her cheeks.Chashman moved closer as she placed her head on his chest, wanting to calm herself. It took her several minutes to do so.

She lifted her head and again glanced towards the bar, with a sore expression.  "I will have everything removed" Miraan said quickly and chashman gave him a nod as she stepped back. 

"But know chashman, this won't be disappearing from my life, Alcohol is offered on every party, even the ones i host, this is a commodity. " he said not wanting to hide anything from her. 

" But you said , you wont " Chashman asked. " I won't do it all , and its a promise " Miraan said confirming. He saw a small smile on her lips, "I hope now i wont be subjected to your coldness " Miraan said and Chashman  shook her head with a smile. 

" Now go and freshen up, i will check on the dinner. " Miraan told her, Once she headed upstairs, Miraan headed out and saw Irtaza waiting for Miraan. 

" Irtaza, when do we need to leave ?" he asked.

" Saeen in an hour " he said looking at the watch, He had a meeting with a weapon dealer. It was one of the things, Miraan took great interest in .

" okay, have someone clear the bar area, I shouldn't see even a single glass there by morning " Miraan issued the order, knowing that it would be followed. He headed towards the kitchen and saw that the house keeper was done with the food. 

"Serve it, we will be coming in a few minutes " Miraan said as he headed towards his own room to change. 

Chashman was feeling a lot lighter, even if she couldnt confess to herself, all this rift between them was saddening her from inside. Dinner was eaten in a much lighter mood, Miraan told her the plan for next day.

" You have nothing to do till lunch ?" she asked with a frown. 

" no, I am free till then. I will show you the city in the meantime " he said settling his dark eyes on her. He admired her at that moment as she sat looking straight in his eyes. The best of the men started fumbling after a minute in his presence and here she was with all her courage. She wasn't like any other women, he had ever been with. She didn't bend backwards to please him, she held her own in front of him. And it enchanted him all that more. 

--------------------

Next day, Sinaan again woke her up " I dont know what you do behind me " he said to himself as he walked away after waking her up. Adar sat there for a few seconds feeling her drop a little, She wanted to please him, to have him praise her, love her. But something went wrong all the time.

Adar got up quickly from the bed, when she heard the sound of him placing the brush back on the table.

She took a bath and came out wearing a mustard colored simple dress.The morning went by as usual, Sinaan wasn't any different, he left the house after eating, knowing that he needed to meet some people. 

----------------------------------
Sometimes, i feel that i am not good enough, beautiful enough or talented enough......
And it might be the bitter truth but its fine... Not everyone is meant to excell in every matter, I just want to find my happy place in this vast cruel world..........

_______________
Salaam readers! Heres the update❤️