Today's Champions, Tomorrow's Dead

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Remus Lupin┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"If you're lonely come be lonelyWith me"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Remus Lupin
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"If you're lonely
come be lonely
With me"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

It was the night that the tournament champions would be chosen.

I found myself feeling grateful that Harry or Nerezza weren't old enough to enter, although I doubted either of them would anyway. With their dreams of Voldemort, Sirius and I felt on edge lately.

Everyone was gathered in the room where the goblet was kept, the blue flames licking upwards.

"Sit down please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the champions selection!" Albus began speaking, I saw Nerezza and her friends cheering on Cedric Diggory in hopes he'd get the position of Hogwarts Champion.

The blue flames roared a vibrant orange before a slip of paper flew from the flames, Albus caught in between his fingers and read the name.

"The Durmstrang Champion is...Viktor Krum!" He announced.

Everyone cheered and whooped for him. As the Russian came to shake Dumbledore's hand, the entire Gryffindor house began singing a muggle song, chanting 'Rah Rah Rasputin'. I shook my head with a smile knowing who was most likely behind those chants.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" Fleur skipped to Dumbledore and shook his hand whilst everyone cheered for her.

And the moment the Hogwarts staff had been waiting for...

"The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore bellowed.

Nerezza and all her friends cheered wildly for Cedric. Cedric took Nerezza in a hug before high diving the Weasley twins, clapping ensued as Cedric shook Albus's hand and joined the other Champions.

"Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!" Dumbledore gave a speech, evoking hope and pride in us all-his speeches still managed to stir me.

People cheered, but the goblet glowed red once more and another name flew out. Dumbledore took it with caution and read the name before his head turned looking for someone.

"Harry Potter. Harry Potter?" He called out.

No...Hagrid and I both stood up, shaking our heads in refusal. Harry wasn't even 17! Some students booed and called Harry a cheat, Hermione shoved Harry up and he walked in a dazed manner towards the Champions stage. How could this be! Sirius would be furious if they let him compete.