Height Difference

The hunt for Guan had run dry, there were still teams looking into him but the active hunt was over. Life was now as normal as it had been in months. Kuvira had moved to Republic City with Sukara and was working with Asami. Sukara had accepted a job at the new bending academy that President Moon had had built and was just waiting for it to open when the school year starts.

On Kuvira's days off, they liked to take walks through the market. They were getting ready to go when Kuvira came down stairs to find Sukara standing in front of Kai with her head down and a hand over his mouth as he tried not to laugh.

"Hun? Are you okay?" Kuvira asked, frowning a little as Sukara put her hand down.

"She just realised that I'm taller than her," Kai told her, trying not to laugh as Sukara kept her head down.

"It's been like that for a while," Kuvira said, trying not to chuckle herself, "did you only just notice?"

"Perhaps," Sukara muttered, lifting her head to look at Kuvira.

"It's okay," Kuvira chuckled, putting an arm round her.

"Yeah, you're officially the shortest in the house," Kai laughed, giving in and almost buckling over with laughter.

"I don't have to be," Sukara smirked, looking over at him, "I could cut you off at the knees."

Kai laughed again as he waited for her face to change but it didn't.

"You're not--"

"Run," Kuvira told him with a smile as she grabbed Sukara round the waist and lifted her off the ground.

Kai was laughing as he jogged back up the stairs. Sukara struggled in Kuvira's arms as she put her feet back down on the floor. Making sure to keep her arms around her fiancé, Kuvira pinned her against the front door.

"So what's it like being tiny?" Kuvira asked, her hand rested just above Sukara's head as she stood over her.

"It's fine," Sukara sighed, tracing the seams of Kuvira's shirt, "I like being underneath you."

Sukara smirked and looked up to see the light blush on Kuvira's cheeks as she shook her head.

"But Kai," Sukara continued, bringing her hands up to rest on Kuvira's shoulders, "he's always been like my little brother, he was so short when I first met him. I know people grow but I hadn't noticed that he'd over taken me. It just feels weird."

"You know it's not recent right," Kuvira said, laughing a little, "like he's quite a bit taller than you, like I think he might be taller than me."

"I know," Sukara sighed, turning in Kuvira's arms to face the door, "let's go."

"Are you gonna strope about this all day?" Kuvira asked, following her out of the door.

"Dunno," Sukara shrugged, "a kiss might make me feel better."

Kuvira smiled and obliged to her request, making her fiancé giggle slightly and link hands together.