Just a dream

"LLOYD!"
It was [Y/n]. She was screaming my name. She must be trouble. I jumped out of bed and ran toward the courtyard.

"LLOYD!"

She sounded so distressed. I ran out of the large gate and continued to run down the millions of steps that are carved into the side of the mountain. I couldn't pinpoint where she was, but my body just seemed to know she was somewhere at the bottom of the mountain.

I reached the bottom in a matter of seconds. I didn't question it and kept running.
"Lloyd!" Her shouts where getting weaker the closer I got. I just hope I got there in time.

She was near the lake, I didn't know how I knew, but I just did. So I ran towards the lake. The lake the near by village used as their water source. When I got there I saw
[Y/n] . She was in the middle of the lake, hardly able to keep her head above the water.

"Lloyd..." her voice was even weaker now.

I charged through the pond weeds and into the water. I didn't feel the cold of the water, just the wetness of it. I kept walking until I had to swim. I had to get to her before she went under.
[Y/n] was suddenly dragged below the water. Dragged my something strong.
"[Y/n]!" I screamed.
I took a deep breath and went after her. I couldn't see anything, feel anything. Still I kept scanning what I think was the bottom of the lake. It was too dark, I couldn't see anything.

I swam back up for air.

Once my eyes had adjusted, I realised that I was no longer in the lake. There was no visible land, only water.

"Wha-" I was dragged under. Claws dig deep into the flesh of my ankles.

I awoke in my bed, my breath erratic. My cheeks were wet, as if I had been crying. I sat up and immediately checked my ankles, no cuts.

I gave a sigh of relief. It was just a dream. I looked over at my alarm clock. 5:58am.
The cracks in the blinds let in small amounts of light that just lit up my room.

"I guess I'll just get ready for school." I said to myself.

I went to get out of my bed but ended up tripping on my tangled bed sheets. I fell to the floor. "I hope that didn't wake anyone up." I muttered to myself.
I was definitely moving in my sleep because my bedsheets were never that tangled.
I walked over to my adjoining bathroom to splash my face with water. I looked in the mirror, my eyes were red instead of their usual green.
"That hasn't happened in a while." I couldn't be bothered making them green again, not until I had gotten out of the shower that is.
I showered quickly and quietly, knowing the others probably wouldn't get up for another half hour. Not including Zane, he was possibly in the kitchen by now, making us all breakfast. I sniffed the air, yep Zane was definitely cooking. Pancakes!
I then got dressed in one of my many green hoodies. When we all started high school we thought it would be funny to wear the same colours as our gi's. I still found it funny how no one had noticed. Especially [Y/n], she had been near us and near the ninja (also us). Unless she did know, and didn't want to tell me because she thinks I know that she knows.

I shook my head, she probably hadn't noticed. When was I going to tell her? When was I going to tell her about the age situation? Sensei hadn't been very helpful, as per usual. He had just said "All will be revealed in time."

I grabbed my bag from it's place next to my desk and headed over to the kitchen.

"Good morning Lloyd." Zane greeted, not looking up from the bowl of pancake mix.
"It is a good morning if your cooking." I said, walking over to him.
"Please refrain from eating the pancake mix Lloyd."
"I would never!" I dramatically gasped.