The Day Of The Invasion

it was the day of the invasion.

'top of the morning, momo!' smiled aang, jumping and waking me up.

but atleast i wasnt tired anymore.

'sounds like you slept well.' said katara, looking over at him.

'like a baby mooselion.' he replied, 'i'm ready to face the fire lord.'

'so what's your strategy for taking him down? going to get your glow on and hit him with a little avatar state action?!' said toph, excitedly.

'i can't.'

i looked over at him.

'when azula shot me with lightning, my seventh chakra was locked, cutting off my connection to all the cosmic energy in the universe.'

'you know what i just heard? blah blah spiritual mumbo jumbo blah blah something about space.' muttered toph.

i walked over to aang and hugged him.

'hey aang its okay' i whispered, 'you'll find your connection - i promise'

he sighed and pulled away, smiling weakly.

'oh no. sokka, do you think the fog will delay the invasion?' asked katara, surveying the wide ocean in front of us.

'no, that is the invasion.' he replied.

then, five water tribe ships sailed out through the fog and into our sightline.

'hey toph?' i smirked, picking up my staff, 'wanna see who can get down there fastest?'

she smiled, 'you betcha. but just remember im going easy on you, grandma'

'see you on thee beach' i whispered, letting go of sokkas hand - which i had previously not been aware i was holding.

'3, 2-' began sokka, but toph started early.

the little cheat.

i swooped down to the beach, watching her rock-slide down the cliff.

'i thought youd never make it' i smiled, leaning on my staff on the sand.

she had a mischievous smile on her face and said, 'youre gonna wish id nevER MADE IT WHEN I-'

'you made it dad!' cried katara, stopping her mid-sentence.

'were you able to locate everyone i told you to find?' asked sokka

hakoda grimaced, 'i did. but i'm a little worried, sokka. some of these men aren't exactly the warrior type.'

and he was of course referring to the swampbenders.

'whooo-wheee. this place ain't
nothing like a swamp. what'd you reckon that is, tho? some sort of exploding fire nation exploding trap that would eat ya?'

'it's just a rock, due.'

'well, i'll be.'

'is it just me, or are those fellas a little loose in the leaf head?' said hakoda.

bato looked over at him 'i just wish they would wear pants.'

i had never seen them in the same place, and im sure they were happy about being together too ;)

hue looked at us, 'pants are an illusion. and so is death.'

'hi, katara.' said haru, running over to us on the decking.

and he had a mustache.

'haru, it's so good to see you.' said katara, hugging him.

'dont get too close katara you might get a goatee' i muttered, coughing between sentences.