CHAPTER 0•04

The Revelation

It was a cloudy morning, fog covering the city of the Republic and in bed was a sleeping Dawn, hair covering her pillow like someone had spilled ink all over the white sheet and soft snores were leaving her mouth. She was wrapped in her covers as she was sleeping peacefully. Bolin, Mako, and Korra were standing outside the bedroom door, trying to see which one would go and wake her up for coaching. "One of you can go ahead, I have done this before and I prefer not to do it again." Korra said, smirking at both brothers who one gulped and the other rolled his eyes.

"You guys are being dramatic. There is no way that Dawn could be this hard to wake up." Malco said, his arms crossed and Bolin shook his head.

"I've heard horror stories from Korra. You can go ahead and see if they were true or if she was just lying." Bolin said, pushing him towards the door and Korra scoffed.

"I don't lie..." she paused to think about it. "Often." She muttered and Bolin started to shake.

"You guys are just being babies." Mako said, opening the door and then closing it. He walked over to the princess who looked like a baby and he sighed while clearing his throat.

"Um, Dawn, we have practice." Mako said, softly and that didn't cause the girl to budge so he frowned. "Dawn!" He yelled and the girl groaned, pulling a pillow over her face.

"No! Go away!" She yelled, turning her back to Mako as he sighed.

"No, we have practice." He said and ripped the covers off.

Korra and Bolin listened to the door and the girl sighed. "He ripped the covers off. Never rip the covers off." She muttered and what happened next, Korra pulled Bolin away from the door as Mako was pushed out of the room with a huge jet stream of water and the girl screamed.

"How dare you wake me up at this hour?! It's five in the morning!" She yelled, and Mako tried to apologize, only for the girl to jump on him and the two started swatting hands.

Bolin had a face of horror as Korra sighed. "Well, I tried telling you." She said, smirking as Dawn was pulling on Mako's hair.

<><><>

In the pro bending arena, Dawn was finally dressed and practicing with the team. "What's the big idea with making us train this early in the morning? The morning is evil." Korra said while tossing the ball back to Bolin.

"We're the rookies, so we get the worst time slot in the gym." Bolin said while Mako looked to Korra.

"And you're the rookiest of us all. We gotta get you up to speed if we want to survive in the tournament. Deal with it." Mako said while tossing the ball to Dawn and she growled.

"You know, I will pin you again." She stated, tossing it back to Korra and they kept going.

"You deal with it." Korra said and threw it at Mako who groaned and Dawn cheered, high fiving the girl.

"There are my little hardworking street urchins." A man said, and Dawn didn't like the feeling she was getting from him, and she balled up a small flame in case of emergencies.

A small little ferret crawled over to Bolin's shoulder, and Dawn smiled at him. "It's an honor to finally meet you both, Avatar and Protector." The man said.