Far Too Dark

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Harry Potter┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"How far does the dark go?"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Harry Potter
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"How far does the dark go?"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

After my argument with Ron about his lack of faith in believing whether I'd put my name in the Goblet, I was not in the mood for an interview of infamous reporter Rita Skeeter.

I could tell by Nerezza's dark expression that she wasn't either.

We all stood for a picture, Fleur sat in a chair whilst Viktor posed with his cane, Cedric looked away wistfully and Rita made Nerezza gather her red mist like magic between her palms for the pose whilst I stood awkwardly.

As soon as Rita snapped the shot, Nerezza fizzled the magic out with an eye roll.

"What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" Rita waved like we were little children learning to talk.

"Can she not count?" Nerezza whispered to Cedric and I.

Rita bustled up to us, shaking everyone's hand except Nerezza who refused to even look at her. It suddenly clicked about why Nerezza hated Rita so much, when Sirius was in Azkaban, Rita said some truly awful things about him.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news! What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? What mysteries do the muscles mask? Does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion tick...Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers" Rita went round pinching Fleur's cheeks and rustling Cedric's hair.

"Rabid is certainly a word I'd use to describe people who actually read your lies" Nerezza snapped.

"So, who's feeling up to sharing?" Rita completely blanked Nerezza's comment, "Mmm? Shall we start with the two youngest. Lovely." Rita yanked Nerezza and I away from the group and into a tiny broom closet.

Nerezza and I were smushed together, Nerezza side eyed me with a crack of a smile on her face.

"This is a broomcupboard" I stated.

"You should feel right at home then." Rita smiled toothily, "Don't mind if I use the quill do you?" Rita asked, gesturing the the quill that was writing for her.

Nerezza and I shrugged at the same time.

"So Harry-we'll start with you-here you sit, a mere boy of twelve.." she began.