Chapter 57

It was almost a week later when our school supplies list, and my O.W.L.S, came to the house. When I spot the letter I immediately move to my room, to see my scores in peace. It was easy to slip away with all the people crowding the house. It was good thing I took them before the end of the Triwizard Tournament or I might have never been able to. The thoughts of that night come flooding back and I try to shake the graveyard out of my mind. I was getting better at not thinking about that night. I found that distractions really helped. Slowly I open the letter and skip to the classes.

Defense Against the Dark Arts      O
Charms                                                   O
Transfiguration                                   E
Herbology                                              P
Potions                                                    O
History of Magic                                  E
Astronomy                                             A
Care of Magical Creatures               O
Divination                                              P

I can't help the smile that appears on my face, seven O.W.L.S, I never would have guessed I'd get that. Lately I seem to be slowly smiling more and more. The nightmares and hatred for what is branded on my left arm hasn't gone away(if anything it seemed more prominent lately, especially the pain that now came with the mark) but at least I'm smiling again. I quickly run downstairs to find Sirius.

"Sirius!" I yell once I spot the older man, "I got seven O.W.L.S! I can't believe it!"

"Seven!" We embrace into a big hug. "I myself got eight but seven's a good score too-"

"Don't lie to the girl Sirius, you only got six." Remus laughs appearing from behind us. "Well done Eva." He pulls me into a smaller hug as soon as Sirius is done congratulating me.

A few days later Molly hurried us all downstairs for dinner which was showcased with a RON AND HERMIONE—NEW PREFECTS banner. Molly had been hysterical with happiness to find out another one of her sons had been made prefect.

"Save the banner Mum," Ginny calls out, "you can change it to Ron and Hermione—Newly Married in a few years." Almost more than half the room burst out in laughter as Ron and Hermione looked at each other, then looked away with blush creeping up both their faces.

"Nah, I think you'll need to change it to Fred and Eva—Newly Married before Ron and Hermione Mum," Charlie joins in. Everyone let out laughs except Sirius. He mets Fred eyes causing the redhead to stop laughing immediately. Sirius' face begins to fluster, but before anything can happen, Remus appears by his best friend's side. He leads him away before Sirius can burst.

"I'm going to murder Charlie," Fred grunts.

"Not if my dad kills you first," I say trying to be funny but Fred's face pales and his eyes widen in fear. "I'm just jokin-" a fiery hot pain shoots up my left arm. The mark. I want to cry out in pain, but instead I try to play it off as a sneeze- "g Freddie. I, uh, I need to blow my nose." I look away to avoid his eyes but lucky he doesn't seem to suspect anything with the fear of Sirius still shining in his eyes.

"Ew okay. I've got to go talk to Mundungus anyways..." I half run, half walk out of the room before he even finishes his sentence. The pain is so intense I have to keep my teeth dug into my tongue to prevent any cries from coming out. My nails grip my forearm so intensely I'm afraid I'll start bleeding. Tears cloud my eyes as I stumble up to the drawing room, one of the farthest rooms in the house, and let out low whimpers of pain. I huddle into the corner and hold my arm as the tears stream down my face. How could I live like this. With the constant need to cut my arm off from the pain, the shame, the reminder of the night. I needed it to stop. I needed it to stop right now. The pain, the pure shame, and worst of all—the memory of me killing John that played over and over in my head. I just needed it all to stop.

I'm so busy crying I just notice that Fred had walked into the room.

"Fred what are you-" a bloodletting scream emits from me as I watch Fred's lifeless body fall onto the floor in front of me.

"Fred! FRED! NO!" I try to crawl forward to him but pause as Sirius steps out beside him. "Siri-SIRIUS! NO! Please! Please stop!" Remus and Tonks appear next and they too suffer the same fate. They all lay there dead, with the life sucked out of them. They all had the same lifeless look that John and Cedric had. "HELP! HELP!" the tears in my eyes made it impossible for me to see as Kala and Luna stepped up next, and...another Sirius?

"Riddikilus!" The Sirius that had been standing runs over and wraps his arms around me. "Shhh. Shhh-"

"Get off me!" I scream trying to push him off me. He had just died seconds ago, and now he was here trying to comfort me. Maybe I was asleep again, in another nightmare. Or maybe with the mark, Voldemort had some effect over my mind. All I knew was that I just wanted everything to stop.

"Eva, it's me! It was just a boggart. Eva, darling-" Remus pulls Sirius back away from me, and begins to push everyone that had crowd outside away.

"Give her space. Give her space, everyone!" Sirius begins to move towards me, but Remus yanks him back. "She needs time Sirius. You of all people should know that." These words set Sirius off and the two begin to furiously argue, but ignore them, because it had stopped. The burning on my arm had stopped and so had my crying. It had gone away. So maybe everything else could too.

Everyday up until September 1st I stayed by all of their sides. Wether it was Sirius, Tonks, Fred, or Remus, I stayed by their side. It was my way of making sure they were still here, because without them I had nothing. I would have no idea how to live in a world without any of them.