- Chapter One -

Let this be told now, this is not an ordinary story

Let this be told now, this is not an ordinary story. True, it may be told like one, but this story is beyond that of simply being ordinary.

It begins in a world unlike that of any other. A world where eighty percent of the population are born with a different power called quirks. The people that inherit these quirks can chose to become superheroes who fight for good, a villain that commits crime and eventually loses the fight, or go on with their hopefully normal life.

In this incredible world, we meet our two protagonists. Izuku Midoriya and Luna Hirose. Both from two separate worlds tied together by two things: Their dream of becoming a hero, and the red string of fate.

He had dark green hair, she had mint pastel green hair. He had green eyes, she had blue eyes. He was quirkless, she had a quirk. He had his mother, she had her uncle. But one thing was certain: The two were destined for each other. They just hadn't met each other yet.

With Izuku Midoriya, who lived in Japan, his dream of being a hero steamed from his admiration of a hero called All Might. All Might was his idol and Izuku dreamed of being just like him. There was one problem: He was quirkless, like the other twenty percent of the population in the world was. But that wasn't going to stop him from reaching towards his goal and being a hero who inspired others to keep smiling and keep following their own dreams.

The poor boy tried to come up with many different ways of being a hero without a quirk, but nothing seemed to work for him. He couldn't invent anything to help him, he couldn't make some genius potion to give him a quirk, nor did anyone want to help him try and see if he was a late bloomer. Everyone thought he was hopeless.

Even his own mother had little hopes for him. When they went to the doctor when Izuku was five to see if he had a quirk, the doctor was quick to tell Izuku he didn't have a quirk and never would. Because of a single bone in his little toe. His genetic bone structure was the reason he would never have a quirk.

That night when he was on the computer watching an All Might video, he asked his mother if he could ever be like All Might. With tears in her eyes, Inko Midoriya ran to her son, fell to her knees, and hugged him. "I'm sorry, Izuku... I wish things were different." Was all she could say.

But that wasn't what he wanted to hear. He wanted someone to tell him, 'Yes, you can be a hero, even without a quirk!' But even though no one would say that, Izuku promised that he would find one way or another to be a hero. All he needed was the right motivation...

With Luna Hirose, who lived in America, she had a quirk. A special quirk that allowed her to fly with great big white wings. But the wings could also turn into steel and be used as either a sword or as a shield to protect her and others close to her from her enemies. She genetically obtained this quirk from her mother, Emiko Hirose, who had the quirk before her. But her mother was more known by her hero name: The Archangel, for her black wings and hauntingly fast reflexes.