Bonus Chapter #2

Jonah Gibbs was definitely not having a good day today.

True, it wasn't like he was having a great lifetime anyway, but today was a whole new level of a sucky day, even for him. On top of having to listen to his sister cry and yell at him the whole night yesterday—it totally wasn't his fault that he stepped on her Macbook and broke it into half!—he had to find a way to get money buy her a new one. The thought of the big money he had to somehow find stressed him out the whole night, which made it impossible for him to sleep until the clock hit five a.m., only to get waken up by the annoying morning alarm that was his mother's voice yelling at him to wake up half an hour later. As if it wasn't bad enough, he jumped out of bed sleepily only to find his feet stuck in poop all over his floor, courtesy of his sister's cat that yawned at him mockingly from his doorway.

He hated cats. He hated cats so damn much right now he wanted to set his sister's cat on fire.

Jonah grumbled as he scrubbed both of his feet angrily, the water from the shower above his head dripping all over him like raindrops—the heater was broken, go figure—and he kept pouring liquid soap all over himself to get the nasty scent of cat poop off of him. His teeth weren't chattering so bad since the cold never bothered him anyway—shit! He should've known better than to let his sister choose the radio station in the car yesterday!—but his skin was already starting to get wrinkly. He finally moved on from his feet and started to clean the rest of his body, taking a longer time washing his dark hair until he was sure that it smelled good before finally leaving the damn bathroom.

The cat—its name was Grace, but he preferred calling it "the cat"—hissed at him from the doorway, so he hissed back as he adjusted the strap of his backpack on his right shoulder.

He still didn't understand why his sister treated that cat as if it was a royal princess of a lost kingdom or something. That cat took a shit all over his floor, that wasn't so princess—like, was it?

-

Jonah buried his face in his hand once the iPod in his hand began to play a song into his ears.

This one definitely wasn't his iPod that he was holding. Jonah Gibbs doesn't listen to songs about a girl who refused to get back together with her ex-boyfriend—never ever ever ever OH MY GOD. He grabbed the wrong iPod this morning.

Not his fault that his father had bought him and his sister two matching iPod classics—same type, same color, same everything, unless you start to play the first song.

He skipped the song, and the next song, and the next song, and the next song until he found a decent enough song to play that sounded more like the songs he usually listened to. Once he found it, he began to relax. He took a bite of his ham sandwich before putting it back down on his tray, his fingers moving to the edge of the table, tapping along with the music.

He had to skip a lot of songs after that, but he enjoyed the short period of lunch anyway. He swallowed the last bite of sandwich that he took and waited until the current song ended before finally standing up to get to his next class before the bell rang.

His head was slightly bowed down as he searched for another song to listen to, and he finally slipped the small gadget into his jeans pocket.

And right at that moment was the exact moment that changed his life.

It all began with bright red soda splashing onto the front of his shirt, and a small gasp of surprise that sounded way too girly to be his.

And so he muttered, "What the fuck."

Yeah, what the fuck was with his day right now?

-

Okay, so maybe dumping soda all over that blonde girl's head wasn't one of his best moments, but damn if it hadn't felt right.