Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Something that I had come to notice was that Harry was very handsy when he was drunk.

I guess I hadn't realized exactly how much he had to drink at the restaurant until we were both trying to make our way back up to his condo and he was stumbling slightly, taking every excuse that he could to grab me by the waist or hold me tighter in his arms.

"Guess what?" he murmured against my neck, pulling me against his chest from behind as the elevator mounted each floor excruciatingly slowly.

I swallowed, angling my head ever-so-slightly to the side in order to give him better access and knitting my fingers through his that were rested over my stomach. "What?"

He grinned and brushed a kiss underneath my ear, trailing his tongue upwards before he bit gently at my skin. "We're finally gonna be alone. No distractions."

"Mm... yeah?" I hummed, turning to look at him. The ember in my core had sparked to life. "And what exactly did you have in mind for us during this alone time?"

Harry's green eyes, though still luminous and enthralling, darkened as he ran his tongue over his lower lip and opened his mouth to answer. As if on cue, my phone began to buzz in my purse at that exact moment.

"Wait!" I held a hand up to his lips, "Hold that thought!"

Harry pouted and opened his mouth to bite the tip of my finger, shocking me enough to pull it back with a laugh. Rummaging around my purse with both hands, I struggled to find my ringing device. The elevator dinged, signalling our arrival at Harry's floor, and he tugged me out by the arm as I continued my search. 

"Ignore it," he mumbled, arms still wrapped around me, as we walked toward his door. He placed another kiss on my neck, humming against my skin, "Whoever it is can fuck off."

I laughed off his words as I finally located my phone and pulled it out with a frown. "You might want to take those words back."

His eyebrows furrowed as he pulled back enough to look at me. I noted vaguely that his fingers had dipped under the bottom of my blouse and were currently circling the bare skin of my waist, making me shiver.

"Who is it?"

A brief moment's hesitation before I admitted, "Your sister."

"Fuck," he groaned, dropping his forehead to the crook of my neck and mumbling another string of curses. "She always knows the worst possible moments to intrude, doesn't she? It's like she's got some sort of fuckin' intuition."

"She called me twice." I frowned.

"Don't call her back," Harry pleaded, digging his hand in his pocket to retrieve his key. "It's probably not important. It's probably about the party or something–"

"That party that I'm helping to organize," I muttered, a bit anxiously. Under my breath, I added, "I wonder if something went wrong..."

"Well, I know about it now so it won't matter anyway if something has," he shrugged, swinging the door open and grabbing me by my belt loop to pull me inside. I didn't even glance up at him as I stepped through the threshold, already readying to phone back his sister.

Before I got a chance to press call, Harry grabbed the phone from my hand.

"Hey!" I cried out, reaching for it only to have him hold it above his head with a grin. "Harry. Seriously. Give it to me."

He leaned forward, kissing me hard enough to elicit a small moan from my throat, before he pulled back a fraction and muttered mockingly, "May. Seriously. No."