34. SO DOES HE

Fucking sons of bitches.

I switch off the television, which had the news channel on with the same news as the past few weeks.

'TENTH GRADE BOARD EXAMS: RESULTS TODAY?'

Seriously, why can't they confirm about it before announcing this news because this just taunts the students rather than giving them an actual fact about whether or not they'll get their results.

Feeling bored to death—like I had in these past days after the end of the board-slash-final exams—I switch on the television again, but am about to switch to SUPERNATURAL when a news with some websites' URL's pop up with the obnoxiously loud, dramatic 'breaking news' music.

I squint at it only to find that the tenth grade board exams' results were indeed today and that the students can look it up in the listed websites or apps.

I shout out for my mom and she comes to me frantically.

"Results are getting announced today!" I exclaim with a grin, gesturing to the television.

No, I'm not grim. Hell, the only reason I'm grim about is the fact that it took so long to finally decide a date to give out our results.

I'm as excited as Jack when he knew that he was given a chance to impress Dean.

And that's a hell lotta excitement if I say so myself.

I immediately go to my room and fire up my PC.

Quickly unlocking it, I open the browser and type all the URL's stated in the news in different tabs.

Dude, could you be any more desperate?

Dude, could you be more gay?

That was totally unrelated.

Yeah, but its SUPERNATURAL.

While my brain internally sighs in exasperation, I enter my enrollment number and all other details that were asked for logging-in to view my result.

After entering and submitting them, the screen turns blank white and a blue circle rotates as the page loads.

Then I wait.

I wait.

And oh, I wait.

Heaving an impatient sigh I pull my hair into a bun—the only thing I know to do with my hair.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?!" She starts.

Like I said, starts. She goes on and on about how I was ruining my hair—which she had taken care of and nourished all these years despite me being uncooperative all the times—while I...

Yeah, you got that right.

I wait.

***

I fiddle my nails as I sit in front of the ever-loading PC screen in my room.

"Ma! Are you using the Wi-Fi or something?" I scream in frustration.

No, my mom isn't in the living room. In fact she's right beside me along with Ajay, Shravan, Auntie Rema, Paps and my grandparents who had come to my house once they knew that the results were being announced today, waiting for the page to load.

"I'm right here, you don't have to shout." She smacks the back of my head.

My head falls forward and I don't even blink due to that action, afraid that if I did so, the server connection will probably go down for the millionth time today.