1

Alexandra's pov

I never thought I'd move, but here I am.  Officially moved to the town called Mystic Falls.  I didn't have much of a reason for moving.  Just pretty much wanted to be independent and on my own. Well, I guess I'm not necessarily on my own.  I moved here with my best friend, Eleanor. 

I homeschooled pretty much all of my life which allowed me to work and save up a lot of money which is how me moving even became possible.  I'm eighteen.  Since I hit teenage years, I was determined to move and I did it.   It's exciting but also terrifying.  It's just going to be me and Eleanor.  I don't know how we're going to handle it, but I'm not too worried because I do have family in Mystic Falls who are close to where we live.

I finish putting the last of the boxes into our place and then I sigh.   Unloading boxes from a moving truck is not fun, especially because we both brought as much stuff as we could.   We wanted to make sure we came prepared. 

Both of us come from similar family dynamics.   Not rich, but not poor.  We learned from a young age that in order to get what you want in life, you have to work for it.  Eleanor lived with both of her parents and her younger brother.  Me? I lived with my parents.  My adoptive parents.  We're not blood, but they're the closest thing to family I've ever had.  They are my family, and the fact that we weren't blood related never mattered to me.  I was honestly happy when they told me.  It made me appreciate them even more for taking me in as a baby and raising me. 

"Alex, I think we're missing a box" Elle said.  Yeah, we have nicknames for each other.  It's always been that way.  Alex and Elle.

"No way, I thought we counted" I said.

"Maybe I'm just going insane" She said.

"I think we've just had a long day.  Maybe we should take a break and go get some food or something.  Explore our new hometown?" I said.

"That sounds perfect right now.  Let's change then head out?" She said.

"Yeah" I said smiling.  We both go to our rooms we picked out and change into some fresh clothes. 

We picked out a pretty nice house.  It's two stories, two bedrooms, and one bathroom.  We have an extra room for an office and then we, of course, have our kitchen and living room.  It's perfect for the two of us.

After I change, I go back downstairs and see Elle standing by the door. "So..do we have any clue where we're going?" She said.

"No...but, I'll look something up.  I know that basically everything is in town.  So, maybe we can just head that way" I said.

"Yeah, I'll drive!" She said and I smiled.   We leave and I lock up the door and then get into her car. 

In order to get to mystic falls, we both drove our own cars separately which sucked.  It was such a long drive and we each didn't have the other to talk to, but having two cars seemed necessary to us.

"Okay, I put it in the GPS.  It's only a 6 minute drive" I said.

"Wow, we really did good.  Perfect house, and we're close to town" She said.  We both just talk to take up the short amount of time before we arrive in town.  When we pull up, I smile a little because it just instantly feels like home.