-five-

"I'll be yours if you'll be mine"

-This Side of Paradise (Coyote Theory)

The First Task

Sounds of playful banter could be heard in the vast Hogwarts library during the passing periods of each day of every week until the day before the Triwizard Championships.

"No silly! That one breathes fire through its nostrils!" Y/N exclaimed as she play-shoved Cedric. "Besides Cedric, I'm sure dragons can't possibly breathe out water. It's absurd!"

Cedric genuinely smiled at her. It was nice seeing her genuinely laugh at what he said.

He loved the way her hair flowed around and color flushed her cheeks when she laughed. He loved it when she laughed at his jokes. He really did miss her.

Was he selfish to be enjoying this time and using this opportunity to get closer to Y/N again? Probably. But he missed her so much. Her cheeky smile always lit up his days.

Y/N loved these teaching sessions with Cedric. She'd never admit it but it brought back the warmth from her relationship with him. But when she remembered that night, she slipped away.

Cedric sighed. He laid his head down on the desk so he was only inches from Y/N's face now.

Y/N's stomach filled with butterflies.

Cedric gazed at her glittering eyes full of excitement. He always loved the color of them. He admired her features. To him, she was perfect in every way.

Y/N observed Cedric's soft breathing. His soft caramel brown curls. The beautiful bright stormy eyes. His sharp jawline. The signature charming smile on his face.

"If only she knew I still loved her.." Cedric muttered, his voice small enough that Y/N didn't hear, as he stood up to go to his next class.

Y/N heaved a sigh. She packed up the stack of books on dragons and made her way to her Charms class.

[ time skip ]

Y/N looked around. The stands were connected in an outline and the middle of the circle was empty. It was very rocky and in the middle she noticed the shine of what seemed like a golden egg.

The colorful stands were packed full with excited students and teachers together. What a show it must be for them while the champions would be facing a life or death situation. Y/N spotted Aurelia and Alice and gave them a nod.

Y/N looked at the large tent that was connected to the ring and headed that direction.

As Y/N made her way to the champions' tent to wish Cedric some luck beforehand, she saw a familiar girl with brown curls also go along on her way towards the tent too.

Aurelia and Alice gave each other a knowing look while smirking at Y/N.

Oh those two. I'm just giving him some support. After all, he's our house champion. Is that not normal to do so?

When Y/N finally got to the tent, she saw Rita Skeeter being ushered out by a few professors. Y/N noticed Hermione didn't look like she was in a great mood anymore and Y/N watched as Hermione slipped outside of the tent while giving one interesting last look to Victor Krum.

Now that was amusing.

Y/N looked around the tent for Cedric. She saw a very nervous looking Harry, a confident looking Victor Krum, a calm Fleur Delacour, and finally.. a Cedric Diggory who seemed to have been looking for a certain someone.