Ch138 - Extras (1)

Heavy snow fell over the city. After a month of winter vacation that had passed at a leisurely pace, the room next door started having the sound of speech that was neither loud nor soft at night.

Constantly feeling like there was some kind of situation in the hazy and late hours of the night, Kang Shengzhe's father Kang Xueqing opened his eyes and turned on the bedside light. Nudging his wife, he whispered: "Hey, do you hear something."

Because it was two o' clock at night, he was initially reluctant to wake his wife up, but he did not expect that Shen Qin would suddenly turn her head around with rounded and wide eyes, causing him to choke on his breath in fright and come short of yelling.

"You, you haven't slept yet?"

Shen Qin glanced at her husband who was slow to react, and said faintly: "Listen to this noise, how do you sleep?"

Kang Xueqing's face scrunched and he did not speak. Truth to be told, the voice talking next door was not loud per se and it was not within the range that would affect a person's sleep. However, as his parents, it was hard to ignore the fact that they were constantly hearing Kang Shengzhe speak to someone in the middle of the night.

Kang Xueqing counted with his fingers and told his wife: "Calling someone in the middle of the night, that has happened two to three times at least."

Shen Qin remarked: "Two or three times?"

Her voice was calm and without fluctuations but Kang Xueqing could clearly hear the complaints his own wife had against him in her words. Uncertain, he said: "Five to six times?"

Shen Qin sighed: "Nine times, he's on nine calls for late night calls alone, and during the day, he won't even let go of his phone. You didn't notice?"

He did not notice at all...

Kang Xueqing sniffed and said: "It's not related to his live broadcasting?"

Shen Qin shook her head, "After live broadcasting for so long, when have you ever seen him being this invested?"

Undoubtedly, Kang Shengzhe was usually like a tortoise for the most part; if he did not have to move, he would not move, and besides the things he was interested in, he could not muster the slightest energy for the rest.

And now that they had reached this point, Kang Xueqing could not help but become solemn. He asked: "Is he in a relationship?"

Shen Qin said: "I'm not sure, but there's an eighty percent probability."

Kang Xueqing knitted his brows together. "You didn't ask?"

Shen Qin: "He's a young man above the age of twenty, how am I supposed to ask this as his mother?"

Kang Xueqing: "... You have a point."

The air went quiet but the voice next door was still going. And while the person on the other side of the call could not be heard, Kang Shengzhe's cheerful and light-hearted tone could still be perceived.

With how happy he sounded, trying to pass it off like there were no special circumstances going on was not an option.

Shen Qin said: "Why don't you go and ask instead?"

Kang Xueqing said: "Me? This... this isn't too ideal, he's currently on the phone."

Shen Qin replied, "Who said you have to do it now, you can ask tomorrow."

Frankly, Kang Xueqing did not want to agree to it but under his wife's coercion, he was completely powerless and he had no chance to reject it. Just as the pair settled the matter and lied back in bed, Kang Shengzhe's laughter traveled towards them even though they were partitioned by a wall.