Ch139 - Extras (2)

Shen Qin: "......."

Kang Xueqing: "......"

Originally, the pair of husband and wife had been listening properly, but the upsetting display had taken them by surprise. Shock spread across their faces, and they only managed to react after a long time had passed.

"... What did you say just now? He's a man??"

Kang Shengzhe nodded in a frank and open manner before he said: "Yeah." This two-metre-tall man did not have the slightest awareness of how big of a blow that particular information had dealt to his parents, and his good mood was even tinged with some pride. "All the female students in the entire school all lost to me, I'm more amazing the school flower."

Father: "......"

Mother: "......"

Shen Qin placed down the spatula in her hand and walked out of the living room in a few haste-filled steps. On the sofa, Kang Xueqing put his newspapers down as well, visage teeming with shock and a variety of emotions.

It was the year 2018 and the existence of homosexuals was no longer considered as something earth-shaking, but to Kang Xueqing, a father who was a civil servant, and to a mother who was a teacher and came from a law-abiding ordinary family, it was not a small matter at all.

At the moment, Shen Qin still managed to stay calm but both of Kang Xueqing's hands started shaking right then and there, and it was impossible to decipher if he was anxious or angry. He said: "Kang Shengzhe! You can't make such a joke to your parents!"

Kang Shengzhe kept his smile, saying, "I'm not joking."

Then he would rather he was joking!

Kang Xueqing said in disbelief: "Do you know what you're saying? Being in a relationship with a man? And bringing him back to the family? Do you know what that represents? Is the other party aware? Do you know how hard it is for homosexuals to move around in this society? Do you have that political consciousness?"

A torrent of questions poured out. Kang Xueqing's hands continued to shake, faltering as he took off his glasses. He wiped the lens and asked: "You... are you certain you're homosexual?"

Kang Shengzhe said: "I'm not certain."

Kang Xueqing's head became faint, "You're not even certain if you're homosexual or not!?"

Sexual orientations were hard to change; if his son was born liking the male gender then there was nothing Kang Xueqing could say, but Kang Shengzhe had never given his parents such an indicator because he had never expressed any interest in boys as they were raising him. Thus, the sudden revelation of his sexual orientation had left Kang Xueqing with no choice but to doubt if Kang Shengzhe had become confused in a flowery world he had never experienced prior to attending university, and he was completely unclear about what he was doing as a result.

"This, this can't go on! You child, do you know what you're doing? Committing to something in a moment of impulse is not worth it! Just how many people have been misled because they were not careful...."

Kang Shengzhe abruptly cut off: "I'm not doing this in an moment of impulse."

"What?"

Kang Shengzhe said: "I'm not being impulsive; I like him, I like him very much and I like him most. We've promised each other we would get married, I've even accepted the betrothal gift."

Once those words came out, let alone Kang Xueqing, even his mother Shen Qin's complexion went through a huge change and the atmosphere became incomparably grim in an instant.