Make You Feel My Love

Cisco Ramon: Heyyyy good morning Park! today is the day we trap opposite Flash. u coming?

Parker's eyes flickered between the street and her cell phone.

To: Cisco Ramon:

If you rlly need me. i planned to spend a day at Jitters..

Parker's feet padded across the puddled sidewalks, her ears filled with honking and angry cab drivers. It was noisy and loud, but that was her home, and she had gotten used to it.

The door to Jitters opened as she approached. Surprisingly, out came Caitlin Snow, with a few papers in her hand.

"Hey there," Parker greeted.

"Hello, Parker," she said, trying to casually stuff the papers into her bag. While doing so, one fell out her grasp.

Parker snatched it up and shook the water from the puddle it fell into, buying her time to scan over it.

The Burning Man by Iris West

Parker averted her eyes quickly, thanking closed captioning for her quick ability to read. She handed the paper to Caitlin, politely smiling.

"I've got to go. We're supposed to be capturing you-know-who today.." Caitlin said.

"Good luck," Parker sang.

Her eyes lingered on Caitlin as she scurried away. With a last suspicious glance, she entered Jitters.

"There's my best friend!" Iris chimed, walking past with two cups of steaming liquid in her hand.

"There's my favorite dweeb," Parker muttered.

Iris came back, her hands on her hips. "How can I help you?"

"I would enjoy an apple cider."

"I think I can do that," Iris joked, grinning. "No work today?"

"Nothing important at S.T.A.R. Labs. So far, nothing from the Police Station. I think I'll just spend the day here, actually," Parker decided.

Jitters was relatively quiet. She had food, her sketchbook and a phone full of great music to last her the day. 

"Great. Pick a seat and I'll bring you a drink."

Parker sat in the back corner to avoid being bothered. Earbuds playing music, Parker drew the first thing that came to mind. 

Iris had silently slid Parker's apple cider onto her desk and continued her work day, without another word. Apparently wearing headphones was a universal sign for isolation. 

She filled every inch of the page with small sketches of arrows and lightning bolts. Within the clatter of symbols, two figures (one colored red; the other green) standing across from each other. 

Another drawing was split in half diagonally, the background of one colored green and the other red, an arrow head and Barry's lightning bolt drawn through their respective colors.

Parker tried to seem unaware of Iris' constant glances. Each hour, Iris refilled her drink or brought a little snack for her. Each time she did that, Parker saw her hesitating feet, like Iris wanted to say something but was afraid to. Parker decided to ignore it and kept drawing.

>>>>>>

Barry

His heavy foot steps through the doors of Jitters made Iris (as well as other workers) aware to his entrance. It was simply more angry than all their other customers.