Chapter 28: A little tug of a bedazzled heart -IV

Despite the initial plan of doing their tradition of playing hide and seek during balls, more important matters and events came at hand

Despite the initial plan of doing their tradition of playing hide and seek during balls, more important matters and events came at hand. And no one in their right minds wanted to play at a time like this.

Jeon Jeongguk arrived at the hotel around 1:30 am in the morning with a mess of a hair, ruffled white suit but a dashingly handsome yet tired face.

Heading over to the 19th floor of the hotel, he laid his head against the elevator wall as he waited for the ding of the bell to signal that he reached his floor.

Once he did, digging his hands through his hair, he sighed in exhaustion when he heard the other elevator ding as he was walking to the left hallway for the boys.

Looking back, Roseanne Park came with puffy eyes and red cheeks like she has been crying for the past hour.

"Are you good?"

They both said to each other in unison. The two friends laughed tiredly in sync right after. One heir who looked like he had been to hell and back, and one heiress who looked like she had just cried a river for the gods.

They only smiled at each other softly and nodded, then proceeded to head to their respective rooms.

Roseanne Park entered her own suite and once she did, she felt miserable.

She couldn't even feel her own legs, everything felt numb, all she did remember was laying against the door of her suite and breaking down.

Everything was messed up. She was messed up.

She was unfair to Junhoe, she may have given her "yes" to him back in London, but her heart was never really within his grasp.

And tonight, she chose Jimin, unknowingly.

She didn't understand what her relationship with Jimin was. The two of them had their own relationships, their own engagements for heaven's sake.

She also didn't understand why Jimin continued to treat her that way, and she most definitely did not understand why she continued to let him do so.

She was now crying on her floor, she needed a bath, and some good fricking red wine to take her mind off of this messed up day.

_

A little after 10 minutes since the two friends arrived, Kim Taehyung, Jennie Kim and Park Jimin accidentally saw each other in the hall ways.

Proceeding then to whatever happened between the racer and the fashion prodigy, which Jimin could only imagine, especially when he found his friend walking towards the suite of the heiress leaving his own after 15 minutes.

Park Jimin locked himself in his own suite, restless yet tired of the night's events.

He couldn't understand why he acted that way around Chaeyoung. He promised that he'd distance himself and yet he keeps finding ways to look at her. To hold her. To talk to her.