II.

Chapter Two.

After dropping Arnecia off at home, Xavia headed to their grandmother's house, where she was currently living. Xavia decided to move in with her Nana because she stayed within the school district, and that was the only way Xavi would be able to attend that particular high school. She always went to visit her parents on the weekends, though.

"Hey Nana!" Xavi greeted loudly, walking through the door. The delicious aroma of food invaded her nostrils, making her hum in delight.

Rose peeked her head out of the kitchen, smiling at her granddaughter. "Hey my sweet pea! How was your first day?"

Xavia thought back to the events that took place today, mentally rolling her eyes. "It was alright." She simply said with a close lipped smile.

Rose gave her a knowing look, raising her eyebrows over her thick framed glasses. "Xavi, is there something you aren't telling me?"

Xavi sighed, "No Nana. Everything is fine, I'm just a little tired."

"Mhmm, whatever you say. Go get washed up for dinner." Rose said, pointing at Xavia with a wooden spoon, before disappearing back into the kitchen so that she could turn down the fire on the stove.

Xavi headed to her room, opening the door to see everything still in tact like how she had left it this morning. She flung her backpack down and instantly belly flopped on the bed, sighing as her body sunk into the mattress. Xavia wanted to take a nap, but she knew the food would be ready soon and her stomach was running on empty. She laid there for about a minute or so, before getting right back up.

Stripping out of her clothes, she grabbed a bath robe and her shower cap before heading to the bathroom.

Xavia turned the water on, and waited for the shower to get hot and steamy. She placed the shower cap on her head so that her silk press wouldn't get too frizzy, then grabbed a fresh wash cloth out of the linen closet.

Once the water was at a good temperature, Xavia stepped in and let the tiny droplets kiss her skin. After being at school all day, this was what she needed.

••

When she finished showering, Xavia went back to her room. She put on deodorant and lotioned herself up with coco butter. She put on a new bra and underwear, then threw on a oversized shirt and some biker shorts.

Her phone lit up while it was on the charger. Xavi walked over to it, seeing she had a direct message from someone via her hair page.

She typed in her phone password, then clicked on the Instagram icon. The app opened up, and Xavia switched from her personal account to her business account, @xclusivebyxavi.

@theyhateonhailey: Hi, how are you? My name is Hailey and I'm interested in getting a closure sew in. How much do you charge?

@xclusivebyxavi: Hi Hailey. I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. My closure sew ins are $95, and a $10 deposit is required.

@theyhateonhailey: Okay cool, when are you available?

@xclusivebyxavi: I can do this Saturday at 11am.

@theyhateonhailey: Bet! I'll see you on Saturday then. What's your cash app?

"Xavi, the food is ready!" Rose announced from the kitchen.

"Coming!"

After sending Hailey her cash app name along with her address, Xavia exited out of Instagram and put her phone down. She went to the kitchen, seeing that her grandmother had already fixed her plate. It consisted of two large pieces of fried catfish , a sweet Hawaiian roll and salad.