let me down slowly | mimosa vermillion x female!reader

Author's Note:

This one's short, but extra sweet. ;)

Enjoy!

Mimosa's Point of View:

In my hands, I hold a note. On this single piece of paper, I've managed to pour out my heart and soul...to one girl. Is she worth the possibility of a heartbreak? Absolutely. No matter how nervous I am, I have to do this. What if she ends up someone else and all I'm left with is dreams of what could've been? I'd never forgive myself.

Carefully folding the note, I stuffed it in my pocket and ventured to the (brunette, blonde, etc.)'s headquarters. Last I checked, she was in a good mood, so I think it's now or never.

I knocked at her door, feeling the anxiety settle in. Within seconds, she opens it, greeting me with her adorable smile. Before she can say anything, I take out the note and hand it to her.

"What's this?" she marveled.

"It's a note from me to you. Now, if you excuse me, I'll be on my way," I nervously grinned. "There's no way I want to be around when you read it."

"W-Wait, what?" (Y/n) blurted. "Mimosa!"

By now, I'm already scurrying down the hallway, ignoring her calls. I get to my room and dramatically slide down the back of the door like you see in movies. My heart is racing out my chest, but I can't if it's from running or giving her the note. Maybe both?

I'm startled when there's a loud knock at my door. Expecting the worst, I brace myself before swinging it open. Sure enough, (Y/n) is standing there with the note in her hand.

Once again, I speak before she gets the chance. "Look, all I ask is that you let me down slowly. Have mer-"

Surprisingly, I'm cut off by her soft  lips connecting with my own. Before I can process the serotonin I'm being drowned in, she pulls away with the biggest smile on her face.

"Now what were you saying about having mercy?" she smirked.

"...Woah."

Author's Note:

Word Count: 348

Word Count: 348