Chapter 2

Valerie had just put on her cloak over her dress. She was readying herself for the ceremony. For the first time in five years, she was back at Malfoy Manor. Narcissa had opted to hire maids to get her ready for her father, but she preferred to do things herself, and she dismissed them without a second thought. Her dress was of a deep midnight blue, and was long sleeved, but with a slightly low backline. This was so that her father could see her brand. 

Being The Dark Lord's daughter, he branded her at a very young age, with a tattoo at the back of her lower neck. It was a small pair of black inked wings, and contrasted madly against her pale skin.

She had just finished putting on her crown under her hood, when a knock sounded on her door. 

"Come in," she said calmly. 

She showed no expression whatsoever, and even on the inside, she wasn't nervous or panicking at all. She was unusually calm for one who was going to see their father for the first time in thirteen years. Yet, she never once showed any emotion that she felt made her vulnerable.

 She had read and heard of the great things her father had done, and she wanted to prove something to him. She wanted to show him that she was completely independent. After all, she managed to grow up just fine without him.

Her door opened effortlessly, revealing Draco Malfoy, who had no doubt, come to escort her to the ball room. 

Although he couldn't see her face, he still whispered softly, "you look nice."

"Thank you," she said.

"Nervous?" he asked, taking her gloved hand softly in his.

"Not really," she breathed, leaning up and fixing his tie. "This tie doesn't quite match your suit." She waved her wand and the tie changed from red to white. "Much better," she mused.

He let out a nervous laugh, offering her his hand. "Shall we?" he asked.

She took it, and allowed him to lead her down the stairs and into the ballroom.

Although Malfoy Manor had a fair number of ballrooms, the ball was held in the grandest of them all. It was themed the same as her dress, deep navy with small slivers of gold. A long carpet was set in the middle, for where Valerie was to walk to her throne, which was brought from her castle, and placed at the front. Her father was already there, sitting on the right hand side of the throne, his long fingers twirling his wand excessively.

They were at the double doors of the ballroom's opening, when the attendants got a glimpse of her. This immediately shushed them up. Her most loyal subject, Frances, was standing on the left side of the throne with the strongest guards of the palace beside him. He saw her, and she lifted her hand, giving him the signal to announce her arrival. 

He cleared his voice then called out, "Presenting, Her Royal Highness Queen Valerie Seraphina Pendragon Riddle. Attention!"

And the members stood up, and all faced the carpet, awaiting her entrance. She walked down with Draco, her head low. She could feel his nervousness seeping through his blood and making his muscles twitch. She gave his arm a tight squeeze, and feeling him exhale loudly as a rush of nervousness vanished from him. They reached the end of the carpet. The attendants began to clap rhythmically. Draco left her arm, and joined his father, who was standing on the right side of the Dark Lord amongst Severus Snape.

Valerie turned around, facing the Death Eaters and the like. She lifted her head up, and lifted her hand slowly, silencing them at once. She could feel the air thick and tense where the attendees were. Her hands went up to the collar of her cloak, where she slowly unclasped the brooch that held the item up. She could feel everyone's held up breath, and felt like slowing down her actions by a considerable amount of time. She found it amusing, how so many people were anxiously waiting, when some of them were even triple her age. She slowly held the edges of her cloak, which was now only held by her digits. Then, she let go, bringing her hands back down.

They all held their breaths.

The cloak fell to the floor.

A/N: I know I said I will be updating alternately, but since it's a new story, I wanted to get started with a few chapters before actually beginning my update schedule.. Please comment, and thanks for reading.