Chapter 18

"Dad!" Anayra said as she woke up and saw Asad in front of her.

"Why am I here? Where is mama? I want mama!" She said.

"Baby, I am here!" Minal entered and she hugged her.

"Mama, I want to ask something!" She said softly.

"What happened Anayra?"

"Asad dad is my father?" She asked softly showing the photograph that she had. Asad and Minal looked at each other at her question and nodded to her.

"So now Anayra will stay with dad and mama, here? We all will stay together!?" She asked smiling.

"We are going home..." Minal spoke but Asad stopped her.

"Yes baby! We will stay together here, in our house! Let's go and have breakfast, then you have to go to school also right?" Asad said and she nodded. He picked her up and took her outside.

"Minal, come for breakfast." He said while walking out.

Minal didn't want to go out. She didn't know how Zehra would react, once she sees her. She picked up her phone and dialled Maahi's number.

"Di where are you? I called you several times last night and you didn't answer! Are you alright? Where are you now? Where is Anayra?" She asked as soon as she answered the call.

"I am fine, and Anayra is with me. We both are with Asad." She explained everything that happened last night and in the birthday party.

"So much happened and you didn't tell me anything di? Now you are going to stay there? And didn't Zehra aunty tell anything?" She asked.

"I didn't meet her yet. I am scared Maahi, I want to come back, along with Anayra. But Asad wants me to stay here and so does Anayra. He loves her so much Maahi. I don't want to take Anayra away from Asad now, but neither can I leave her here. I don't know what to do." Minal said. Till then Asad called her again.

"Okay, I will call you later, he is calling me!" Minal said and kept the call.

Taking a deep breath she walked out to the dining table and saw Asad making Anayra eat. She looked at the father-daughter duo, and smiled. As she moved towards the table, she saw Zehra standing there. She closed her eyes and after wiping her tears she walked towards them.

Zehra turned to her, and stood there in shock when she saw Minal standing right in front of her. Not even for once had she thought that she would return. She wanted her to leave and Minal had left because of her, but now she was back. Zehra looked at Asad and he turned to see Minal.

"Anayra, baby you go inside to Anaya aunty. I will have my breakfast then we can go to school, okay?!" He said and Anayra went inside.

"Asad!?" Zehra asked looking at Asad and Minal.

"Yes mama, I bought her home. She is my wife, and Anayra is my daughter, they are back. And now they will stay here itself, no one will tell them to leave, not even you mama!" He said looking at Zehra.

"Anayra is your daughter?!" She asked.

"Yes! Anayra is mine and Minal's daughter. She deserves to stay with both the parents." He replied.

"Come here Minal!" He held her hand and brought her towards the chair of the dining table.

"Dad!" Ayan came from inside.

All this while Zehra was looking at Minal, and she just looked away. But for a fact she knew that if she would have shared everything with Asad before, then they would be together today.

He had told his mother not to tell anything to Minal and Anayra, she wished he knew everything about Zehra, but she also knew that he would then be hurt. Hurt of the fact that it was his mother who caused all the problems in his life. It was his mother who had asked Minal to leave her son.

"Minal!?" Anaya entered and hugged her.

"Actually....I...."

"I know everything, come with me!" She took Minal to her room.

"Minal, I am so glad you came back here. To stay with Asad bhai." Anayra said.

"No, I will go back..!" She said softly.

"You are not going anywhere please. You know Minal, all these five years, it was so hard for him. I don't know why you left this house, and stayed away for so many years, but I know for a fact that he loves you a lot, and in all these five years, I have never seen him so happy as he is today. When I came back from USA, I was shocked to see him in such a condition. He hardly spoke to anyone, full day he used to be in his room. Whenever I asked mama about it, she used to shrug it off. I never got the reason, then he told everything to Amaan. He missed you so much in all these five years Minal. I wish I knew about you before, then I would have made you both meet the first time I met you itself. He is so happy today, because his wife and daughter is with him today. He always believed that you will be back, and today when you are with him, he is so happy. Whatever the reason was that you left, talk to him, he will understand, I know. But you both deserve to be together, and think about Anayra too!"Anaya explained.

Thank you for reading❤️