Chapter 10

Emilyn yawns as she walks towards the front door and takes out her keys to unlock the door. When she opens the door, she sees someone who is not supposed to be here standing around her kitchen.

Her house isn't huge at all; when you come in from the front door, you can see straight to the kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" Emilyn asked, standing at the doorway with her left hand on the doorknob.

"Emilyn, don't be so rude to our guest." Grandma Lou scold. "Now, close the door and come over here." Emilyn groaned and walked towards the kitchen where they are.

"Hi, Mr Evans. May I know what you are doing here in my house?" Emilyn asked nicely.

"I saw your grandma on the way, so I decide to drop her at her house."

"Yeah, Mr Evans is very kind and has good manners." She praises him. Emilyn scoff in disbelief.

"Grandma Lou, I thought I told you to call me Christopher?"

"I'm sorry, a force of habit," Grandma Lou said with a smile.

"So, he drops you off; why is he still here?" Emilyn question.

"I invite him for dinner, and we just finish dessert a few minutes before you walk in. Do you want some? I left some for you."

"No, I'm good," Emilyn said and walked out of the kitchen. She places her bag down next to the couch and turns on the television. "I'm going to rest; why don't you have a small chat with my granddaughter? I promise she won't bite," they both laugh. Emilyn turned her head and saw them walking out of the

Emilyn narrowed her eyes at Christopher. There's no way she's going to have a small chat with him.

"I'm heading to my room now." Grandma Lou announces as she walks past the living room. But before she goes to her room, she gave Christopher a little nudged forward to the couch. Emilyn turned back around to face the tv.

Emilyn didn't have to turn her head to the side when she gets the couch sink next to her. "Did you really pass by this neighborhood? Because it doesn't seem like you will coincidently pass by." Emilyn asked, not taking her eyes from the tv.

"Of course is all just a coincidence; I have a friend living around this area."

Emilyn scrunch my eyebrows and turn to face him. She narrowed her eyes and stare at him suspiciously, "Okay, I trust you for now." She said before turning her attention back to the tv.

"Since I'm here, should I tell you the activities I want to do for the interview?" He asked.

"Sure. Let me get something." She stood up to grab her back, which she places at the side of the couch. Taking out her tablet from her bag and walk back to the couch. "Okay, shoot."

"First, it will be next weekend. I'll be going to the dog shelter. 2 weeks later, I'll be going to my race track arena." He said as Emilyn took down what he said in her tablet.

"So, what about the timing?" She looks up.

"I'll give you the freedom to fix it." Christopher smiles

Emiyln nod and wrote it on her tablet. "So, why would you want to take upon this interview?" Emilyn asked, looking up at him. She caught him looking at her when she looks back up.

"Well, it will bring more attention to the public about my business and doing this interview could boost my image for the company." He explains.

Emilyn nod, "So, you just doing this interview to boost your business? What about yourself?