Chapter 2: My Power

<Percy>

My breakup with Annabeth didn't really affect me other than the fact that I am starting to wonder whether or not me staying at camp is endangering everyone else. Whether that all the wars starting was my fault.

<Annabeth>

Percy is probably busy crying in his cabin over our breakup. He always has been a seaweed brain, he never seemed to realize that I was only with him because he was powerful and was the only one dumb enough to believe I would actually love someone like him.

Anyways it doesn't really matter, I already liked this Son of Hecate named Michael and I know he likes me back so I will not be single for long. Being single makes me feel embarrassed like no guy likes me, which is why I took so long to break up with Percy. I would have broken up with him immediately after the war with Gaea if not for the fact that I needed to find a suitable replacement.

-

<Percy>

The day after Annabeth broke up with me people sent me pitying looks thinking I was just acting strong but inside I was broken. Its good that they thought this because I had stupidly acted like nothing happened (which was how I actually felt), instead of like a broken hearted boy. Jason and Piper talked to me today, they acted like I was glass and gingerly avoided the topic of Annabeth until I plainly told them to stop, that I wasn't broken glass and so they should stop treating me as if I was. I told them that the breakup was for the best and there is nothing else to it. After that we talked normally and the campers stopped giving me sympathetic looks.

The only cabin that didn't give me sympathetic looks was the Athena cabin. Instead they looked at me like I should have been the one to break up with her.

I went about my day normally and my day was normal, until about afternoon. I was getting the weapons ready for the sword fighting class that I teach until I heard a loud roar. I quickly ran out of the Arena to the direction of the sound, everyone else seemed to have the same idea for almost all of camp was here, the rest were still coming. I pushed my way to the front where I saw a huge Drakon, it was towering above some terrified Athena kids. There was no way for them to run without the Drakon noticing and immediately eating them. Nobody knew what to do. The Ares cabin can't charge as the Drakon might kill the Athena campers. 

Campers and Drakon just stared at each other wondering who would make the first move until the Drakon got impatient, like monsters usually do, and lunged for the Athenians who are the closest campers to it. They had no weapons, they were dead before he reached them. They closed their eyes expecting death but with my loyalty I just couldn't let that happen if I have the power to stop it. So I broke the promise I made to myself and controlled the Drakon's blood freezing it in place. I then evaporated it and the Drakon burst into golden dust. I fainted on the spot in exhaustion as I have only used this power once. Of course everyone realized the power that I used or at least the Athena kids did and told everyone else. They knew it was me that saved them though, it was kind of obvious because my eyes were glowing. Not that I knew that.

I woke up in the infirmary, no one was there. I looked to the side of my cot expecting to see some Ambrosia and Nectar but there was none. I stood up wincing at the little pain I felt from the scratches that I must have gotten when I fainted after using my powers. I hope that no one acts differently because of my powers. I didn't really think about the consequences of using my dark ability in front of the entire camp.

As I walked out to dinner heads turned in my direction but they quickly looked away as if they didn't want me to notice them. I realized that people seemed to be making a wide arch around me like they do not want to be too close. When I reached the Dining Pavilion I sacrificed some of my food sat down and started to eat. 

I am always alone at the Poseidon Table because I don't have any siblings and so usually my friends come sit with me. But tonight no one came. Instead they were all huddled up on the Zeus table whispering and occasionally glancing back at me, making it obvious that they were talking about me. In fact, now that I think about it the entire camp was whispering and subtly glancing in my direction, but I still noticed them. I realized that with my show of my powers no one was going to treat me the same. They were either scared of me, or disgusted that I would ever control the blood of someone. I quickly stood up and walked out, unable to eat while feeling stares at the back of my head.

When I got to my cabin I collapsed on my bed tears springing up in my eyes. I can't believe that they don't trust me just because I can control blood, they know that I would never hurt them, my fatal flaw is personal loyalty for Poseidon's sake! I fell into a restless sleep.

-

The next day people weren't avoiding me anymore. You would think I would be happy about that but I'm not because they were doing something even worse. They would purposely come in front of me call me a monster, murderer, killer, anything that could hurt me then kick or shove me. I didn't even try to fight back because my loyalty would never allow it. The worst were when Jason, Piper, Leo, Calypso and Annabeth came and started to insult me as well.

'You are a disgrace,' Jason shouted at me.

'A monster,' Leo agreed.

'I can't believe that I ever thought you were a hero,' Calypso said angrily with a hint of sadness.

'You're the most disgusting thing I have ever seen,' Piper said looking at me with disgust.

Then Annabeth came up looking at me with contempt, 'you are a murderer. You killed all of our friends and if not for me you would have killed Misery by drowning her in her own poison.' When she said that I looked at her with betrayal. 

'You promised me that you wouldn't tell anyone about that,' I said softly.

'I don't care about promises that I make to monsters.' With that they walk away leaving me standing there feeling broken, helpless, lost, but most of all, betrayed.