Arc 3: Chapter 53

Elenor was sleeping peacefully in her room when Denice, the last maid out of the three that always helped her other than Alec, burst into her room.

"Miss! Why are you still sleeping!" she exclaimed as she pulled the blanket off her body.

"Denice..? Why are you shouting so early in the morning..." Elenor sleepily mumbled, slowly getting up.

"Oh dear, it looks like she has forgotten she had a piano recital to go to." Paige said as she walked into the room together with Alice.

"Piano..recital?"

"Yes! By Baron Rochegner's son, Sir Gilberd." Alice said.

"I heard he is a piano prodigy that even people from other kingdoms are coming just to watch his recital!" she added on.

"Where do you even hear all of these?" Elenor asked as the ladies dolled her up for today.

"A magician never reveals her secrets," Alice said with a mysterious voice causing all of them to laugh.

Elenor was dressed into a teal coloured dress with an empire waistline silhouette. Matching coloured beads embedded into the dress from the top till her waist. The sleeves were long so she didn't need to add on accessories around her wrists. Only a necklace with small crystals and gem earrings were used. Her hair was put up in a braided bun before adding pearl hair pins around.

"Wasn't Alec supposed to wake me up?" Elenor realised once she was ready for the recital.

"He was but the others needed his help so he asked us to wake you up." Paige said, adding the final touches on her makeup.

"Ah speak of the devil,"

"My apologies milady," Alec walked into her room and bowed.

"It's alright, we should get going now shouldn't we?"

"Yes."

Elenor nodded. She turned to the three ladies and thanked them before leaving the manor with Alec.

"Elenor."

A voice called out her name just as she was about to get on the carriage. She turned around to see her brother walking towards her, dressed up nicely. She tilted her head to the side, wondering what was the occasion for him to be dressed up.

"I'm following you to the piano recital," he said as if he read her mind.

Elenor nodded, letting him inside the carriage. Richard sat opposite of Elenor together with Alec before the carriage rode off to the destination.

"How come brother suddenly decided to come to the recital?" she questioned.

Richard smiled, "Because I want to spend time with you."

Elenor blinked before laughing, "Brother if you keep caring about me only, you won't be able to find a lady."

"That is fine, I only care about our family." Richard waved it off.

"But you're the sole heir so you have to get married someday!"

"...We'll deal with that when it comes."

"Whatever you say brother." Elenor tittered.

It took some time before they reached the venue of the recital. Elenor could feel her butt cramping up from sitting in the carriage for so long.

'Damn they really should invent cars or at least make better seats.' she grumbled to herself internally.

"Were you uncomfortable in the carriage?" Richard asked.