Aliza

"Don't worry," Freya said as she hugged Aliza.

Aliza frowned, "Why can't you come with us?" She wanted Freya to accompany them, wanted her comforting presence as she was about to come across a major event of her life.

One that could possibly change Aliza forever.

Freya broke the hug and cupped Aliza's face in her hands. She wanted to be there for Aliza but Klaus had said that she was spoiling her. Aliza had to face challenges and Klaus stated that Freya will be worried about her for unnecessary reasons.

"I wish, but I have some work and besides Vincent is there with you." She smiled and kissed Aliza's forehead.

Aliza snorted, "Damn right he's coming otherwise I will bleach his hair."

"I can hear you!"

"I don't care."

"See," Vincent glanced at Enzo, "This is the respect I get."

Enzo grimaced, "Mate, I have to teach children like her for a living. Believe me, I know how that feels." He thought about all the snarky comments that were fired at him during the lessons. Though he loved his job.

"Are they done yet?" Rebekah asked in a bored tone.

"Have heart, will you?" Enzo snickered. After spending some time in the company of Kol, Klaus, and Rebekah, it was clear to see they weren't fond of Aliza. He couldn't understand what was wrong with them because she was their niece and also a fun kid. Even Marcel had voiced his irritation to Enzo, told him about the absurd fight that took place between Kol and Aliza.

After knowing that Aliza won, Enzo was beyond ecstatic.

Rebekah simply rolled her eyes.

"What? No hug for me?" Marcel joked as he came to stand beside Freya.

Aliza glared at him, clearly not happy that he too was not joining them but despite her anger, she stretched her arms to hug Marcel.

Marcel grinned, hugging Aliza and giving her a tight squeeze.

"You gonna be just fine," He said, patting her back.

They did their signature fist bump before Aliza made her way to the car. Enzo, Rebekah, Vincent, and Aliza were in Enzo's SUV whereas Niklaus, Kol, and Elijah were traveling in Niklaus' Mercedes to the airport.

Ever since that conversation about Elijah's elder brother, she had noticed the distant demeanor that Elijah was giving her. He refused to look at her let alone talk to her as if he was avoiding Aliza.

It made her feel guilty, maybe she shouldn't have approached the topic so bluntly. But she couldn't understand why Elijah was being so cold because he clearly stated that he and his elder brother were never close. He did say that they never liked each other but something about the way he said those words made Aliza wonder just how much of it was true.

"Finally," Kol mumbled when he watched Aliza climb in the back seat of Enzo's car, "I was beginning to think that we won't leave till the next hour."

"Freya is too fond of the girl," Klaus said as he started the car.

"You don't say," Kol replied, he leaned against the window and stretched his legs on the backseat. He was well aware of how close Aliza and Freya had become but a small part of him felt that it was absurd for Klaus to prevent Freya from being there for the girl. 

"Keep your feet down." Klaus scolded.

Kol paid him no attention, he connected his headphone with his phone, placing it over his head. He crossed his arms and closed his eyes, shifting a little to find a comfortable position. If he couldn't voice his discomfort, he'll just act like himself.