CAPITOLO CINQUEDUE- Gone Too Far

"It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday."- Boys II Men

Coral Gables, Miami📍
6:30pm
April 14th '19

Almost half an hour had passed since the men went into the den, leaving Rheah and Cataleya to tell their side of the story to Lauren, touching on why they were sent to New York and why they couldn't go through with their mission. Throughout the time the Giovanni sisters were speaking, the young woman hadn't said much but made small gestures here and there to show the sisters that they had her undivided attention.

The sisters weren't able to gage a complete analysis of Lauren's emotions towards them and as they currently neared the end of their story sharing moment, their nerves couldn't help but bubble underneath their neutral surface...

"And that's everything leading up to this very moment in time." Rheah exhales deeply, allowing the various contrasting emotions within her to flow out into the atmosphere.

"Yup." Cataleya nods and mumbles in a dejected tone, "And now we're here, in this beautiful magic city, handcuffed and sitting on your couch."

Silence takes over the room.

While Lauren's face never falters from its expressionless filter, the girls' grew more anxious by the second. Though as stoic as she may have appeared on the outside, Lauren's mind was working fast to process both sides to the former couples' unfortunate turn of events. After a few more moments of Tetris building tension and nerves, she had finally come to her conclusion.

"Well..." She breaks the silence, "Y'all still ain't shit."

Rheah sighs with disappointment.

"What?!" Cataleya's mouth drops in disbelief.

"Hold on, lemme finish." Lauren interjects, "As much as I hate what you two have done my cousins... I guess I can understand why y'all did what you did." She shrugs with a small sigh. "I know it hasn't been easy for y'all the last couple of days and while I can take heart in seeing that, I still think the boys just need a little more time."

"Honestly Lauren, all the time in the world would never be enough for Chris," Cataleya's lips fall into a defeated frown. "He's never going to  forgive me."

"And Michael has all right to be upset with me but he's been crossing hella lines and I don't know how much more of it I can take." Rheah huffs.

Lauren shakes her head with disgust. "I can't believe he put his hands on you like that! I'm going to beat his and Chris' dumb ass." She scowls, looking in the direction of the den before she turns to back to the girls. Her features soften when she meets their sad eyes and heavy frowns.

Another silent moment passes between them until Rheah scoffs.

"It's funny," She shakes her head, "Despite all this drama going on...I still love Michael and I just keep telling myself that this is just a phase that we need to ride out. I'll have my family back soon."

Lauren smiles at her optimism. "And I'm sure you will."

"Well we all know Chris and it's safe to say I may be single for the rest of my life." Cataleya shrugs. "I think I'm even off love."

Lauren chuckles, shaking her head. "You and Chris are so alike it's so funny."

Cataleya pulls a face, "Uh, no offence Lauren but your cousin is a psychopath with mad attitude problems. We are nothing alike."