Chapter 19

"So, how did it go?" I slip into the seat across from Abi, the next evening.

She shrugs, a small smile forming. "Obviously we didn't make any life changing decisions, but it was good."

I scoff, with a smirk. "Weird because when I was running past your house this morning, your blinds were still closed."

The pink colour that stains her cheeks, tells me everything I need. "We are not talking about this at work."

I grin. "Is this Abi or and imposter that I'm talking to, because the Abi I know would definitely talk about this at work?"

"Oh hush! How did the rest of your night go?"

I groan. "Layla spilled the beans to Harrison about our whereabouts, which in turn made me a third wheel to a double date."

"Ah, I was thinking you that don't look too hungover."

"Probably for the best, today's shift is a busy one."

"What time are you out of here at?"

I groan. "Another two hours. You?"

"I'm clocking out once you're done talking rubbish." She smirks.

"Well don't let my non-existant social life hold you back." I glance at my phone. "But my work life needs does need me."

Abi grins, standing up from her chair. "Text me later, I'll give you the deets then." She throws me one last wink, before turning towards the exit.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

"Isabella, you're still on shift right?" My supervisor, Trina, asks as I fill out some paperwork regarding a patient I just released.

I nod. "I've got another fifteen minutes."

"Perfect, I've got a patient in 6B with a harsh cut, it just needs some patching up. You'll still be out of here on time."

I nod, with a smile. "Sure thing."

I quickly finish up my paperwork, before making my way towards the room the patients waiting in.

"Nearly finished for the day?" One of my coworkers, Demi asks, as she hands me a clipboard with the forms I need.

I nod. "One more patient and I'm out of here."

"Uh, I wish!" Demi groans.

"Seriously? Night shifts are the best."

Demi gives me a look that tells me she definitely doesn't agree. "Uh-uh."

I laugh. "We'll have to agree to disagree. I'll see you Sunday."

"Have fun."

As I push the door open to the patients room, signing my name at the bottom of the sheet as I do. "Hey, I'm nurse Young. I hear that you've do-" My next words don't get to slip past my lips when I make eye contact with my patient. "Simon! What the hell?"

Simon glances up from the ground. I take a few seconds to note the unshaven stubble that's giving him a gruff, yet attractive look. The red that stains his grey basketball shorts draw my attention towards the nasty looking cut on his hand.

"It's not as bad as it looks. Definitely not emergency room worthy, but I couldn't find any doctors open this late."

I nod. "It looks pretty bad. What happened?"