The Station

The police station in Republic City was as busy as it usually is. Sukara and Kuvira followed an officer through the chatter of people reporting incidents, Voya held close in Sukara's arms. The officer had recognised Sukara straight away and lead them straight to Lin's office.

He knocked on the door and waited until there was a call from inside.

"Sukara's here to see you Ma'am," he said as he opened the door.

"Sukara I don't really have time--" Lin started as she looked up, once she spotted the small child hiding in Sukara's shoulder she stopped her original line of thought, "oh hello, who's this?"

"This is Voya," Sukara said, stepping into Lin's office with Kuvira close behind, "Voya this is Lin, she's going to help us find your Ma."

The little girl's face lifted a little as she looked up to see what Sukara was talking about. Lin's face softened once she saw the big blue eyes peering over Sukara's shoulder.

"We ran into her at the market," Sukara explained, "she came looking for help for her mother but she got a little lost on the way so we were wondering if you can help."

"Of course," Lin smiled, gesturing over to the chairs opposite her desk, "come and sit. I'm going to need you to tell me what happened, is that okay?"

Voya nodded as she sat on Sukara's lap, she explained the best she could what she remembered. And told Lin what she could about the things near her home.

"Thank you for telling me," Lin smiled  again, keeping herself in a positive mood for the sake of the little girl, "you've helped a lot. I've got an idea of where she might be. Sukara she seems comfortable with you, could you stay here with her while we check on her mother?"

"Of course, whatever you need," Sukara nodded, readjusting the child on her lap.

Lin nodded and stood up from her desk, her expression changed almost immediately to one that was serious and concerned. Kuvira followed as Lin passed her to leave the room.

"Do you think it could be one of the missing?" Kuvira asked, folding her arms as Lin prepared to leave.

"No, from what the kid told me it sounds like her mother collapsed," Lin said, the frown on her face deepening as she checked a map of the city, "we're likely to find her when we get there. But you should talk to Sukara later, there were three more reported missing in the past twenty-four hours. I was going to call in later because Kasa was one of the names."

"Do we know what it is yet?" Kuvira asked as they walked through the station after Lin collected up the map.

"Not yet," Lin shook her head as she beckoned at two officers that were standing in the corridor, "they're all adults so there's no grounds to investigate, no forced entries, no obvious suspects. There's nothing we can do, but the increased number is concerning."

Kuvira nodded, the frown on her face deepening as she thought about it.

"Let's just focus on Voya right now," Lin reassured her, giving her an apprehensive pat on the shoulder, "come on, we should get there quickly."