73. SKINNY ASS KNEECAPS

SITTING IN THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE, cold gel over her bump and a hand holding Elijah's, Aliyah exhales softly as she watches the monitor

"There's your baby's head," Dr. Tyler points towards the figure on the screen, "Right there."

"Oh my God, baby," Aliyah turns to her boyfriend and gasps, dramatically. He raises an eyebrow at her and waits for her to finish her sentence, "They got your big ass head."

Elijah rolls his eyes and points, "Yeah, and your skinny ass kneecaps."

The wedding planner scoffs at his insult, hitting his shoulder gently, joking, "You know I'm insecure about them."

The gynecologist chuckles before moving the ultrasound wand lower, "I understand you guys would like to know the sex of your baby?"

The couple nods in unison.

The ultrasound hovers over the deciding factor and before she can say anything, Elijah exhales, shakily, a smile growing on his face. He's seen enough ultrasounds to know what he's looking at, "Lee, we're having a —"

 He's seen enough ultrasounds to know what he's looking at, "Lee, we're having a —"

ELIJAH HAS NEVER FELT SO nervous in his life. Sat in his car, biting his bottom lip and tapping his fingers against the steering wheel, he can't help the rush of anxiety that flows through him. It's like he's moving full-force, his body throttled by the prospect of what he has planned.

When he kissed Aliyah goodbye in their bed this morning, he almost shed tears at the sight of her peacefully asleep. With just ten weeks left in her term, she had been silently suffering with back pain and all the things that come with a healthy pregnancy.

Elijah always tries to do what he can to make her as comfortable as possible, including watching and rewatching How The Grinch Stole Christmas over and over again despite it being mid-April.