seventeen

Chaeyoung turned off her phone after receiving endless of calls from Jennie. She knows this was an impulsive decision but she can't back off now, right? The car ride was silent, a little awkward since they just knew each other and she isn't sure where they're heading. Suzy checks on her from time to time if she is comfortable or on what she wants. There were so many things running through her head, first is the little regret that on why did she agreed on this. She surely knows that Jennie is fuming right now about this but she'll handle it later.

The car stopped in front of a huge house, It was elegant and highly secured. It never came near their own house though. She opened her car door and wait for the other woman.

"Come in" Suzy motioned as she opened the front door and revealed the elegant interior of her house.

.

"This is really confusing, What do you want to talk about? And why me? Shouldn't it be my wife since she's your business partner?" Rosie asked as they both settled in the living room

"This is not about business, Roseanne"

"What is it then?" Chaeyoung asked trying to sound brave

"I don't want to make this any longer, Roseanne" as Suzy placed her coffee back in the table "I've liked you... ever since college"

Chaeyoung almost choked in her drink when Suzy answered her

"You what?!"

"I like you, Roseanne. Ever since you laid your first step at the university. We both came from the Arts Department" she looked directly into her eyes.

"How­—but I never saw you... Is this kind of joke?"

"No, I'm serious."

"Then how come you didn't approach me?"

"I tried" she paused for a while "I tried so many times. I thought of any way to come to you but I was a coward. I can't face you with nothing on my hand, or maybe just something I had to show off. So I thought to myself that I need to accomplish my career first. I've worked hard while studying and established a career in media and entertainment up until I had my own company. I would also come to your exhibits and watch you from afar, buy pieces from your works" as she glanced at the wall while Rosie's eyes followed through.One of her painting from her very first exhibit was hanged nicely on the wall. Woah. "but then, I came back before your graduation, thinking that you were very well available since everytime I see you, You weren't with someone except for Lee Hyeri. I know that she had a boyfriend so I assumed you're still single. I came into your graduation and there I saw you with Jennie Kim"

"I'm—"

"You looked really happy that time when you were with her"

Chaeyoung couldn't think anymore of what she could say at the moment. It was all so sudden to her, Who would've thought, right? Sure, Suzy is gorgeous as hell, she could get all the men and women she likes but... not her. She's married to the most beautiful woman in the world and she wouldn't ask for more. She loves Jennie to bits that thinking about the situation right now made her more pathetic.

"So...I gave up" Suzy's gaze is still glued into her cup of coffee "It hurt like hell but what else can I do? You love her"

"I do" she replied while the woman in front of her just shrugged and looked at her with her eyes pooling in tears

"I never thought love would make me do these things. I never talked to you before or even knew what you were like but here am I a fucking idiot still falling for you"