Chapter 11

After tossing around the house for a few days like a porcelain doll, Chang Ying was itchy to go out.

She had made no progress on anything. She had watched Feifei closely, observed her but she did not even catch a glimpse of any accessories, not to mention a pearl.

After observing for days, she snuck into the mud house Mo Yue, Lin Zhi, Jin Ruishi and Feifei shared while they were out. After searching from top to bottom and nearly reopening her stitches once,  she still found nothing.

Chang Ying guessed that Feifei would not carelessly hide a pearl that let her be reborn in a place she shared with other people.

Still, Chang Ying knew Feifei would not keep such and important object far from her body. Which meant she was carrying it around, or something like that. Sh just hoped Feifei's pearl was not like those legendary golden fingers in wuxia stories that would turn into a cinnabar mole or tattoo on the user's body.

If that had really happened, Chang Ying would directly give up and start packing up provisions for the end of the world. 

On that point, Chang Ying decided her next course of action.

Make money.

Make money.

Then make some more money!

Important things had to be said three times, the situation of the Lu household was no joke. They spent a lot of money to we'd her into the family, then they also spent money on Lu Ching's sporadic illness. There was also treatment for Grandpa Lu, money for house upkeep, tuition for Feifei and Lu Ching.

The tuition consumed a large part of their income. All of Mo Yue's children went to school, this was something Grandpa Lu insisted on for his grandchildren. Even if they had to sell the clothes on their backs, he made sure they were appropriated educated. This resulted in financial strain and inability to save over the years in the family.

Since she was reborn, Chang Ying decided to address her poverty in order to live well. Before she was reborn, she learnt how to make a lot of things, mostly from her underpaid job.

Only, the things she could do in her condition and with what she had on hand were very, very pitifully limited.

Chang Ying was very envious of Feifei who got to flutter in and out of the Lu house like butterfly. Feifei was probably out in town, surveying and implementing her plans for success. On the other hand, Mo Yue and Lu Chen did not let Chang Ying work around the house because of her injured arm. They also did not let her go out after they witnessed the crazy antics of Shu's mother for fear that she might be attacked.

So Chang Ying was left at home to heal while things calmed down in the village. In those few days, Lu Chen was very attentive and doting but since it was farming season, he left early to work on other people's farms for a small pay and came back late.

During this time, Chang Ying thought deeply about how to put what she knew to good use without a dime of seed money in her purse. After rolling about for days, she knew there was no way to make money.

Start a food business? She was now based in the village, add in cost of ingredients, transport to town, lack of stall or food cart and low profit margin, only a person living in town could do that.

Dig up a hundred year old herb from the valley? Sorry, she did not have a magical herb sensing ability, at least the stingy red balloon did not give her that. Besides, the good herbs in the valley had be plucked dry years ago.

Find some historical treasure? Again, she didn't have a magical sensing ability! Plus, didn't all uncovered relics belong to the country or something?