bruised.

My entire body ached, making me groan as I opened my eyes and regained consciousness.

I could faintly hear chattering around me, the bright white lighting made my eyes sting.

As my eyes regained focus, I recognized I was in a hospital room. I was in a small bed, patches and bandaids all over my body.

I attempted to sit up but I felt a sharp pain in my ribs, making me gasp out loud in pain.

I lifted my shirt to see a big white band around my chest and ribs, all the way down to my hips.

My head was pounding. What the hell happened?

All I remember was getting tased by Ashley. As soon as I remembered I grew angry, looking outside my room's big window to the hallway.

I saw some officers, a doctor, and a nurse. Noah and Ashley were nowhere to be seen.

I attempted to sit up again, ignoring the pain . I managed to get my knees to the side of the bed before I needed to take a break.

A nurse rushed in, smiling happily at me.

"This is pain medication." She sweetly as she injected something into my arm. I looked away, feeling queasy.

"You should be able to stand in about 30 minutes." She said then left the room, getting everyone's attention.

They all looked at me, then went back to talking.

I leaned forwards, trying to figure out where a loud shouting was coming from.

I groaned, straining myself so I could see. To my surprise, Noah was there, looking intimidatingly scary. He was talking to Ashley, who had a nose brace and bandaids all across her face. Her chin was stitched, obvious by the bulky bandage covering it.

They looked heated, their muffled shouting was aggressive and angry.

I decided to try and get Noah's attention. I looked around frantically for something I could throw, I finally found a pen and threw it as hard as I could at the window.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself, seeing it loudly clank against the glass. It was louder than I thought it would be.

That got everyone's attention. Noah, Ashley, the cops and the doctor. I looked away nervously, worried I had interrupted something important.

Noah's eyes lit up, he rushed to the door, followed by Ashley. He quickly came inside the room and pushed the door closed, making Ashley grunt behind it. She furiously pushed the door open, but Noah was stronger.

He slammed the door shut, turning the lock and rolling his eyes. Outside, Ashley's muffled voice rambled until the nurse calmed her down.

"Are you okay? Can you move?" Noah came to my side, concern in his eyes.

"Uh yeah, I'm fine. Can you tell me what happened?" I asked him as he sat next to me.

"Ashley almost killed you-"

"After that." I groaned, embarrassed as I remembered the events. It was my fault, after all. I swung first.

"Oh, you passed out." He said calmly.

"That's all I know. My uncle came out and told me what happened."

I looked at him, a confused expression on my face.

"Your uncle saw everything?"

"No, he got there when Ashley was tasing you. He had to pry the taser out of her hands." He sighed, looking out the window at Ashley. He looked angry, so angry.