Chapter 28

I cackled in glee watching civilians run around like ducks screaming as I shoot ice everywhere. Chaos was everywhere. I was enjoying this. I made another icicle and threw it in a car. Passengers inside screamed, struggling to get out.

Sirens wailed noisily and the police were here within minutes surrounding me, as they aimed their guns at me threatening to shoot as they hide behind their cars. Cowards. I thought.

"Frost! You don't want to do this! These people are innocent!" Someone hollered.

"Oh, detective Joe! Good to see you again when I'm not locked in the pipeline." I said waving at him.

"The Flash will be here any second and he will stop you!"

I just tilted my head at them and smiled wryly, raising my hands preparing to fire more icicles.

"Well c'mon! Have at it!" I yelled beckoning them to shoot at me. When whoosh, she felt the wind and someone sped by her. Ahh, Flash I thought. Just in time for the show.

"Ahh, Flash is here ready to save the day." I clapped my hands and squealed.

"Frost, that's enough." There was a steely edge in his voice. "Just come back with us and we can talk about this."

"What? You mean talking while I'm in the pipeline and you're at the other side of it?" I waggled my finger. "Not happening."

I threw another icicle at him but he caught it, breaking it in half. "Don't make me do this the hard way, Frost. I don't want to hurt you. I know there's still a part of you that's Caitlin."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't underestimate me, you don't know what I'm capable of. I could kill you. Hmm, what should I do?" I pretended to ponder. "Do I kill you fast or do I kill you slowly and make you suffer as I enjoy the look on your face?"

"How about none? You're not going to do it because Caitlin is still in there."

I threw my hands up and huffed. "Oh please just stop okay? I'm getting so tired of you and your little friends trying so hard to get Caitlin back. Don't you understand that she's gone? You're not going to get her back. You're wasting your time. Now bugger off and let me have my fun or do you want to die young?"

This time instead of icicles, I shot full ice steam right at him. It took him by surprise and she saw a flash of surprise pass on his face, and he didn't have time to dodge as full steam of ice hit him right in the chest. He slammed into a police car and passed out.

I grinned and was about to shoot some icicles at the police when another person arrived.

"Frost, stop!"

Savitar sped in front of her. He was now wearing his suit that he told her that he forgot to bring to Spain with him. It was still very impressive and very badass looking. A mix of different emotions ran through her seeing that suit again. She has a lot of memories with Savitar and that suit.

I sighed. "Really? You're the last person I want to see right now."

"You don't want to do this Frost. I know you're angry at me but don't take it out on them. They're innocent."

"Okay, what happened to you? What happened to my friend? You would be the last person to try to stop me from hurting someone. But looking at you now, I don't even recognize you anymore."

"Frost, I know you don't want to hurt them."

That was his mistake.

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah?"

I shot an icicle straight at Joe who was still aiming the gun at her. It hit his shoulder and he staggered back before hitting the ground.

"We need an ambulance!" Another officer shouted as they all surround Joe who was passed out.

I smirked and look innocently back at Savitar. "You were saying?"

He took a step towards her. "You're stronger than me Caitlin. I was weak. I let the darkness consumed me and made me who I was. You brought me back you showed me that there was another way. I believe in you and I know you don't want to hurt any of them. You're not a killer Caitlin."

My eye glinted and I lowered my hands. "There's just one tiny flaw in your pretty little speech. I'm not Caitlin. My name is Killer Frost. Caitlin is gone. And you're right. I won't kill them. They're not the ones I'm truly mad at, but why don't I prove you wrong and live up to my name, Killer Frost by killing you instead."

Killer Frost knocks him down with an ice blast. He could have dodged it pretty quickly with his speed of course, but he was too shaken and surprised. A part of him also felt like he deserved to get his ass kicked. He didn't fight back. He closed his eyes and braced himself just as Killer Frost was about to blast him again, he heard a gunshot. He opened her eyes and saw a sight that he probably wouldn't be able to get it out of his head for a while. An officer had shot her in the back. There was a surprised expression on her face as she fell. Just before she hit the ground, Savitar rushed to her and caught her. He held her in her arms.

"No," I whispered.

Just then Barry stirred, standing up in a daze. He looked around and his gaze settled on Joe with an icicle sticking out of his shoulder. His eyes widened. He rushed over to him, scooped him up, and rushed off, leaving Savitar alone.

I held Frost gently in my arms and rushed to S.T.A.R Labs. I couldn't let her die. I couldn't lose her or Caitlin. I wasn't going to forgive myself if something happened to them because of him.